FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building an extraordinary online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary Sales and Customer Service and HQ in Toronto, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries. We are also proud to announce that FreshBooks is opening two new office locations in Amsterdam, Netherlands and Raleigh, North Carolina.
The Opportunity – Sales Business Development Manager
We’re hiring a SBDR Manager for our first ever Sales Business Development Representative (SBDR) team. As a leader, you will be responsible for leading a high-performing team of individuals who master the lead qualification and opportunity qualification process. The SBDR Team will book meetings and source early-stage sales opportunities and be instrumental in maintaining strategic partnerships with Marketing and Sales leadership. You will also develop content relevant to potential clients, support go-to-market activities, promote targeted campaigns and cultivate qualified opportunities that will funnel into FreshBooks Acquisition’s sales team.
In this role, you will:
- Lead, encourage, and train a team of SBDRs whose role consists of prospecting, booking meetings and opportunity identification and qualification
- Manage the interview process to attract, hire and build a strong SBDR team
- Develop SBDRs into strong, highly capable team members for further development within the organization
- Develop and coach to a best-practices framework of persona-based prospecting with personalized pitches
- Hold each SBDR accountable to defined metrics and KPI's
- Lead weekly call reviews with BDR team, both in team and 1:1 setting
- Own SBDR "Qualified Opportunity" number
- Measure and continually find ways to improve process and performance
- Refine SBDR standards, process & metrics
- Build and document scalable systems and processes to grow SBDR team
- Motivate individuals and teams to exceed objectives through coaching, regular broadcast of results, and creative incentives
- Regularly report on team/individual results
- Partner with Marketing for lead conversion/event/campaign promotion and follow-up
- Partner with Acquisition Sales Leader and Team to fine-tune our lead generation and follow-up processes
- Ensure disciplined use of Salesforce.com, and other sales tools
To succeed in this role, you need:
- 2+ years experience managing within a SBDR organization
- Experience with SMB net new prospecting using the phone, social, and email
- Process-oriented in lead and opportunity management
- Ability to create a sense of urgency & identify needs/pain with prospects
- Ability to present value-based messaging
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with CRM (SFDC) system for managing leads
- Ability to meet deadlines and commitments
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and also have the opportunity to help build a world-class sales organization right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.