The Opportunity - Support Team Lead
Here at FreshBooks, we believe that the best customer service is delivered by a Support team that is engaged in their work and excited to be helping our customers! Our Support Team is not an afterthought - we consider them crucial to our success as a company. We have developed a team (70+) with lots of growth potential for those whose passion it is to dig deep into issues and exceed the expectations of our customers. We are a team of people who will go above and beyond to deliver the best possible customer experience every time!
The Support Team Lead is responsible for providing the FreshBooks 4E experience to our Support Specialists and through them, to our customers. Team Leads facilitate their direct report’s achievement of mastery within their role, the development of their skill, and the cultivation of a rewarding and positive work experience. While responsible for the day to day operations of their team, the Support Team Lead also contributes to the overall success of the department.
What our Team Leads do:
- Create and maintain a highly productive and happy team environment
- Handle escalated customer issues with empathy and understanding
- Manage performance of individuals through continuous feedback including 1:1s and year-end reviews
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of FreshBooks products and grow the working knowledge of the team
- Support the development of personal and professional goals of direct reports
- Monitor, score, and deliver feedback on quality of calls and emails
- Manage incoming volume and ensure proper support coverage
- Participate in the hiring process by providing timely, objective feedback on candidates
- Provide backup frontline support when needed, providing a 4E experience
- Plan, organize and encourage participation in team events – large and small!
- Motivate and engage team cultivating a positive work environment
- Ensure highest quality of customer experience
Who our Team Leads are:
- Minimum two years in a people management position
- Five+ years of experience in a customer service role
- Expertise in troubleshooting and technical prowess
If this sounds like you, here’s how to apply:
- We’d love to hear you tell us, in the space below, why we should hire you?!?
- We’d like for you to answer the 4 questions listed below. Put yourself in the shoes of our Support Rockstars when addressing these customer queries and assume they have all come in via email.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.