FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building an extraordinary online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and HQ in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Senior Sales Manager, Acquisition
Reporting into the Senior Director, Sales, this is a crucial position within the FreshBooks Sales Department. You will be responsible for managing the entire Acquisition Sales Team that will include one Sales Manager. You will be responsible for managing the Inbound/Outbound Lead Generation strategy and execution for the Acquisition Sales Team as well and closing revenue from product sales to net new customers to FreshBooks. The Senior Sales Manager will also be responsible for sales forecasting, analytics, productivity; CRM maintenance (Salesforce.com) and other sales support functions. You wake up thinking and energized to lead your team to overachieving your team’s revenue goals on a daily basis.
Specifically in this role, you will:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of FreshBooks’s core products via successful completion of required Sales training and Support training programs and utilize this knowledge to successfully lead the Acquisition Sales team.
- Work with the Senior Director, Sales to create and maintain a world-class Sales culture, focused on delivering over-achievement of Revenue results by providing ongoing visibility and insights into the Acquisition Sales team’s sales processes
- Complete sales forecasts, sales activity reports and presentations in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Sales Leadership Team and the Pricing Analysts to address any pricing issues
- Work effectively with internal departments (Marketing, Professional Services, Finance and Product Development) to help develop effective sales strategies and marketing campaigns that promote sales to new and existing customer
- Work with Sales Operations to effectively manage Acquisition Sales Team’s Compensation Plans including monthly/quarterly bonuses and ensure accurate and timely communication to Finance
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of new processes and procedures in regard to Sales compensation, Sales tools and Sales processes
- Remain knowledgeable of key processes, business initiatives and internal resources in order to assist the sales team and recruitment in accomplishing company goals
- Responsible for coordinating Sales Training requirements for your Sales team
- May attend conferences and professional association meetings to promote FreshBooks product solutions and our Brand to increase leads and drive sales
You will bring:
- College or University degree in Business, Finance or other related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience as a successful Sales Professional
- 2-3 years as a successful Sales Leader is an asset
- Demonstrated leadership, strong communication skills and comfortable with presentations
- Experience with data analysis and/or reporting. Knowledge of Data management tools and SQL is helpful
- Understanding of Software-as-a Service (SaaS) revenue model
- Ability to effectively utilize CRM tools (Salesforce) to monitor performance and effectiveness of Lead generation. Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated effectiveness in New Business Development strategies and Demand Generation
- Ability to work effectively in an office-based environment
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and also have the opportunity to help build a world-class sales organization right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.