FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Data Analyst, Acquisition
The right person for the job will love to solve problems, find and make data available for non-technical users and have a knack for translating data into insight and presenting that information to stakeholders. You will be collaborating with Marketing Managers and a team that includes other Data Analysts, Data Scientists, Financial Analysts, and Software Engineers, all working together to drive growth at FreshBooks.
What you'll do:
- Consult with internal clients to gather requirements, scope & execute
- Work with data sets collected from various data sources, such as Google Analytics, Big Query, Pardot, relational databases, etc.
- Clean, manipulate, and aggregate data to facilitate reporting and analyses
- Complete regular ad-hoc analyses by translating raw data into useable information and insights, focusing on, but not limited to: content, channels, webpage and marketing campaign performance
- Build self-serve Dashboards for core performance metrics / KPI’s
- Provide guidance on tracking requirements to ensure data is properly collected and stored
- Work with our Data Engineering team to develop requirements for new data pipelines
- Conduct A/B testing for campaign treatments
- Conduct performance evaluations of various customer segments, long-term analysis on visitor trends and performance impacts
- Communicate results and recommended analyses / approaches to stakeholders
What you bring:
- Minimum 2-3 years in data analytics or business intelligence
- Quantitative background with strong analytical skillset
- Advanced knowledge of SQL or Python (both is a strong asset) is required
- A strong knowledge of Google Analytics or similar web/digital analytics tools is mandatory
- Experience building dashboards with tools such as Tableau, Looker, Periscope, DataStudio etc.
- Experience in calculating website and acquisition KPI’s, CAC payback, CPT, CPA, Conversion %
- Excellent Excel, Sheets or related tools for ad-hoc analysis assembly
- Tag Management experience is an asset
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.