FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application for entrepreneurs. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Chief People Officer (CPO)
We believe culture separates great companies from good ones. In this role, reporting into the CEO you will be responsible for delivering on FreshBooks’ Four Es – Execute Extraordinary Experiences Everyday and be the champion of People and Culture at FreshBooks. You will develop and execute human resource strategy to drive the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of talent acquisition, succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, learning and development, and compensation. You will provide strategic leadership by articulating Human Resource needs and plans to the executive management team, shareholders and the board of directors.
Specifically, this position includes the following:
- Develop goals and strategies that align with the business objectives
- Cultivate and drive forward HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of business objectives
- Effectively operate and direct talent development, including performance management, skills training, career development, succession planning, diversity initiatives, and knowledge management
- Oversee Human Resources and work with FreshBooks’ core HR team to continuously improve HR services and hr programming including performance management, organizational design, succession planning, compensation programming, compliance, and policies
- Communicate updates on people initiatives across the company as well as track, monitor, and report key HR metrics and KPIs like employee satisfaction, engagement, retention, turnover cost/quality of hire, time to fill etc.
- Oversee culture activities, including events, company wide meeting (quarterly and annual), team meetings, with project management of content development, team engagement and content capture
- Act as primary liaison to internal committees and leadership team and participate in the executive team meetings as the voice of the people and culture team
- Work with executive management to develop and execute future organizational growth plans and establish and implement succession management that corresponds to the business strategy and objectives
- Develop and implement comprehensive learning and development programs
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR function by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, learning and development, leadership development, compensation and benefits programs, and resourcing
- Live the company mission and core values in everything you do. You will be the walking and talking embodiment of FreshBooks’ brand
- A minimum of 17 years of overall experience in overseeing human resources, talent acquisition and learning and development in the Tech sector
- 5+ years of experience at the Executive Leadership Level
- Expertise with international expansions, M&A and culture integration and scaling organisations
- Expertise in high-growth start-up and large corporate environments
- Experience with publicly traded companies and private equity investors
- Experience in fast paced, demanding environments
- Strong team building and team management expertise
- Systems & HR best practices expertise (Performance Management/HRIS/Payroll Platforms)
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if you have:
- Strong consulting skills with a demonstrated ability to influence decision making and build consensus
- Relationship building skills to engage every level of an organization in a confidential and diplomatic fashion
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to present confidently to large audiences
- Experience and interest in a hands-on HR leadership role
- Professional HR designation preferred (CHRE or CHRL)
- Reporting and data skills (metrics data analysis)
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.