FreshBooks is looking for a Senior Product Manager to help reshape the world to meet the needs of small business owners and entrepreneurs. You are equal parts product visionary and growth strategist - steering the way to innovation that elevates our customers’ businesses and by extension, our business. You’ll do this by employing data to understand what creates customer growth and the most impactful ways we personalize the FreshBooks experience to help different customers get there. If you're passionate about tackling big challenges head on, delivering simply amazing experiences, and ready to back it up with results — come join us now!
What you have:
- 7+ years of experience in product management and a track record of growing the business through deep customer behavioral insight, deepening product engagement, and employing personalization techniques, experimentation techniques, and marketing technology to do it
- You understand how to measure business impact as well as how to assess and evolve variations in customer segments and the journeys associated with those through acquisition, activation, engagement, and retention
- You've got a keen ability to create structure from ambiguity, establish long-term vision, and set a clear roadmap to get there
- You understand how to prioritize areas for ongoing experimentation, how to build an experiment backlog, and how to efficiently work through that backlog with an agile team
- You understand research disciplines and when and how to activate them to inform strategy (e.g. behavioral analytics, market, and user research)
- You speak data - you can both direct the efforts of a dedicated analyst as well as roll up your sleeves to access data and work with it to derive insight
- You're an excellent communicator who can explain complex concepts in simple, easy-to-understand terms
- You understand software development — you don’t need to write the code, but you can ask questions and understand how the tech stack impacts your product
- You understand what comprises a world-class user experience and how to bring together technology and design thinking to accomplish it
- Big bonus points for
- Experience leading creation and/or operationalization of Machine-Learning and Predictive models
- Strong statistics and probability skills
- Experience with accounting, billing, payments domains
- Experience as a small business owner and/or managing products designed for them
What you’ll do:
- Understand the unit economics of our business, know which ones you’re trying to impact, and how to know if you’re effective
- Lead ongoing business and product planning when it comes to leveraging the app experience to drive customer growth; be the thought-leader on how we use data to personalize the customer experience and drive growth at all lifecycle stages
- Set and own the product roadmap that
- identifies the most impactful dimensions of personalization and points in the experience to leverage it, and
- identifies the marketing technology needed to deploy and manage personalization, experimentation, and customer growth at-scale
- Work with marketing partners and agile teams to prioritize where to experiment for maximal benefit, build an experiment backlog, execute it efficiently, and ensure learning is institutionalized
- Be responsible for your results and report out to partners and execs on impact your projects are making
- Spend time with customers to develop a deep empathy for the challenges of small businesses; ensure strategy/plan is clearly mapped to our mission - to reshape the world to suit the needs of self-employed professionals
- Be the voice of the customer and business within your scrum team, so everyone knows what they’re building and why
- Ensure the team is always working on the most important things, knows what's next, and knows when they're done — this means planning sprints, and writing user stories
- Make the thousands of decisions, and shoulder the dirty work — reviewing legal contracts, copy, support issues, etc. — that helps your team charge forward without stall
What we can promise you:
- An executive team that has scaled businesses worldwide, brings experience from places like Google, Amazon, Shopify, and Square, and includes founders that have been there since Day 1
- A company that is dedicated to growth - helping our customers’ businesses grow, helping employees grow, and providing a strong return to our shareholders
- An award-winning Product Development organization that is dedicated to excellence in how we make decisions, build, and ship world class product to our customers
- The opportunity to deliver product features that instantly get used by millions of users around the world.
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.