FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Front-end Engineer
What you’ll do:
FreshBooks is looking for a skilled Front-End Engineer to join our 4E team. The Engineer will have experience working on building & designing web applications and have done client-side performance optimization. You will help build new features and update existing ones in our consumer facing cloud accounting application. You have ridiculously high standards for yourself and your team and are constantly looking for ways to improve the systems you own.
What you have:
- Strong foundation in using modern JS framework like EmberJS, React, VueJS, or Angular
- Good understanding of Testing Best Practices and can write a wide variety of tests including: integration and E2E tests
- Able to communicate clearly with non-front end engineers around requirements specifically for the Front End
- Takes ownership of the product by determining good indicators of performance/regression and monitoring them
- Understands and practices modern CSS and HTML
- Familiarity around working with OAuth driven RESTful APIs
Nice to have:
- Concerned about front end accessibility (familiar with WAI-ARIA)
- Expertise in modern CSS layout technologies such as flex and grid
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eye’s laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.