FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Data Scientist
The Data Scientist will discover and operationalize insights derived from Freshbooks data in support of marketing, product development and user research. This role will develop the algorithms and data infrastructure necessary to support performance marketing and user personalization.
What you’ll do:
- Model & algorithm development:
- Build predictive models to optimize marketing strategies.
- Machine learning to support internal and external product uses cases.
- Solution delivery:
- Assist marketers in the use of models to optimize campaigns.
- Build dashboards to monitor model and campaign performance.
- Infrastructure development:
- Build and maintain standard performance reports on predictive scoring models.
- Curate datasets from raw sources for analysis, modeling and machine learning.
- Develop analysis templates and standards for use across the Analytics Team.
- User behavior research for product teams and business stakeholders.
- Design product tests to support continuous improvement.
What you bring:
- Proficiency in the use of SQL, Python and R for data analysis and model development
- Experience building and shipping predictive models for marketing or product applications
- 3+ years of experience as an analyst or data scientist supporting business stakeholders
- Prior experience with Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Graduate degree in statistics, math or equivalent quantitative field
Nice to have:
- Demonstrated success as an analyst or data scientist at a growing tech company
- Working knowledge of applied statistics, machine learning or operations research
- Data pipeline and/or database development experience
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.