FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Visual Designer
FreshBooks has a very distinct brand. We’re looking for someone with a bold sense of design and a passion for creating exceptional visual experiences that can effectively persuade customers to try new products. The balance between on demand requests and longer-term projects requires a multi-tasker who is comfortable executing in a “roll up your sleeves” team setting.
Specifically this position includes:
- Being a highly collaborative team member focused on delivering design projects including landing pages, e-mail campaigns, in app messaging, direct mail and sales support materials.
- Deeply understanding our customers and what motivates their behaviours and reflecting that back in your deliverables
- Communicating the status of all of your deliverables
- Conducting design reviews with peers; providing them with suggestions to improve as well as developing your work based on their feedback
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if your application can demonstrate:
- You studied Graphic Design or Art Direction in College or University
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a similar role at an agency or corporate side
- Experience with, or knowledge of, direct marketing design principles
- You have a track record of delivering projects on time and on budget
- You work well within a team and are not concerned about expressing your opinion
- You can think outside of the box and are able to sell your ideas through to stake holders
- Advanced skills in industry standard design applications such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign,1and InVision
- Bonus points if you can animate, have UX design experience and can write HTML and CSS
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.