Director of Product Management
FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
FreshBooks is looking for a Senior Product Leader who is equal parts product leader, team builder, and growth strategist x-leading the way to innovation that elevates our customers’ businesses, expands our addressable market, and grows FreshBooks in a THINK BIG way. If you're passionate about tackling big challenges head on, delivering simply amazing experiences, and ready to back it up with results for our business — come join us now!
What you have:
- 10+ years of experience in product management and a track record of growing the business through a combination of product innovation and extension
- You know your way around a budget, financial statements, and are equally versed in assessing landscapes, customer segmentation, product-market fit, product-channel fit, and go-to-market approaches
- You deeply understand SaaS business models and software development — you don’t need to write the code, but you can ask questions and understand how the tech stack impacts your product
- You embrace setting multi-year vision/roadmap and business plans to guide strategy and planning for large teams
- You are conversant in research disciplines and know when and how to activate them to inform strategy (e.g, data science, market, and user research)
- You are passionate, with a keen ability to create structure from ambiguity
- You're an excellent communicator who can explain complex concepts in simple, easy-to-understand terms
- You understand what comprises a world-class user experience and how to bring together technology and design thinking to accomplish it
- Big bonus points for
- Experience as a small business owner and/or managing products designed for them
- Experience with accounting, billing, payments domains
What you’ll do:
- Understand the state of FreshBooks business and opportunities in both P&L and market terms
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that understanding of the business is shared, form strategy, and execute plans that will exceed the goals of the business
- Oversee ongoing business and portfolio planning; be the thought-leader in the domains that matter to our future opportunities
- Organize and manage a team of senior product managers to execute that plan; by extension, provide product direction for dozens of team members (engineers, designers, marketers, etc.)
- Be accountable for your results and report out to partners and executives on the impact your products and projects are making
- Spend time with customers to develop a deep empathy for the challenges of small businesses
- Recruit, interview, hire, and develop talented team members. Ensure the product organization has a ‘bench’ of flexible and talented individuals
- Inspire your team and help them sharpen their Product Management skills
- Be a visible leader throughout the organization, advocate for our customers and the products that are truly meaningful to them
What we can promise you:
- An executive leadership team that has scaled businesses worldwide, brings experience from places like Google, Amazon, Shopify, and Square, and includes founders that have been there since Day 1
- A company that is dedicated to growth - helping our customers’ businesses grow, helping employees grow, and providing a strong return to our shareholders
- A product development organization that is dedicated to excellence in how we make decisions, build, and ship world class product to our customers
- The opportunity to deliver product features that instantly get used by millions of users around the world.
- An opportunity to contribute to an award-winning Product Development team where data and research matter more than opinions.
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.