Director of Product Management, Subscription
FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
We are looking for a senior product leader to help reshape the world to meet the needs of small business owners and entrepreneurs. You will be the product leader, team builder, and growth strategist for our core subscription offering - leading the way to innovation that elevates our customers’ businesses, expands our addressable market, and grows FreshBooks in a THINK BIG way. If you're passionate about tackling big challenges head on, delivering simply amazing experiences, and ready to back it up with results for our business — come join us now!
What you’ll do:
- Understand the state of FreshBooks business and opportunities in both P&L and market terms
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to ensure that understanding of the business is shared; capture department-specific needs, develop strategies and execute plans that move the entire business forward.
- Lead annual business planning and reviews for our core subscription business
- Organize and run a team of senior product managers to execute that plan; by extension, provide product direction for dozens of team members (engineers, designers, marketers, etc.)
- Be responsible for your results and report out to partners and execs on impact your products and projects are making
- Spend time with customers to develop a deep empathy for the challenges of small businesses
- Ensure that strategy/plan is clearly mapped to our mission
- Inspire your team and help them sharpen their Product Management skills
- Be a visible leader throughout the organization, advocate for our customers and the products that are truly meaningful to them
What you have:
- 10+ years of experience in product management
- You know your way around a budget, financial statements and are equally versed in assessing competitive landscape, customer segmentation, product-market fit, and go-to-market approaches
- You deeply understand SaaS business models and associated metrics
- You embrace setting multi-year vision/roadmap and annual business plans to guide strategy and planning for large teams
- You are well versed in research disciplines and when/how to activate them to inform strategy (e.g, data analytics, market, and user research)
- You have a track record of raising the talent bar in your organization - recruiting, hiring, and developing leaders; growing and nurturing high-performing teams
- You're a passionate leader with a keen ability to create structure from ambiguity
- You're an excellent communicator who can explain complex concepts in simple, easy-to-understand terms
- You know software development and web technologies — you don’t need to write the code, but you can ask questions and understand how the tech stack impacts your product
- Big bonus points for
- Experience with products designed for small businesses
- Experience with accounting, billing, payments domains
- Managing products that emphasize world-class user experience
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.