FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
What you’ll do
As an Internal System Administrator, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving the availability, scalability and performance of internal systems used by FreshBookers to create, maintain, and support our leading SaaS accounting application and support our amazing customers. You will collaborate with your teammates and our company at large to improve our office network, servers, teleconferencing, Pro-AV, phone, email, desktop systems, and more. You’ll also join our on-call rotation.
What you Believe:
- A team can produce more than any individual
- Customer Service is not a Department
- Complete is greater than done
- The basics aren’t boring
- Success should be shared and failure should be owned
- The details are delightful
What you have:
- You’ve done this before – you’ve had at least three years of Linux and Windows system administration including responsibility for HQ technology performance and availability.
- Programming skills in (ba)sh and in at least one other relevant language (eg. Python, Ruby, Powershell).
- A deep curiosity that motivates you to keep on top of technical trends and informs your ability to suggest tools and approaches to interesting problems.
- The ability to empathize with and communicate clearly to all the other parts of the business.
- Familiarity with some of the software we use: CentOS, Puppet, Git and GitHub, Veeam, nginx, Apache, HAProxy, MySQL, Okta, Public Cloud Infrastructure, VMware VCenter, Avaya IPOffice, Python, Ivanti, Active Directory, Nagios, Munin, Cacti, Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence, Zoom, Cisco switches and ASAs.
- A strong understanding of system interdependence.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Experience working in a SaaS company.
- A passion for customer service.
The real reason people are proud to work at FreshBooks is because each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. If you want to accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about and have just as much of a life outside the office as inside—you're exactly what we're looking for.
We value our people...
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company can be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.