FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity: PR Specialist (12-Month Contract)
We’re looking for a smart and scrappy PR Specialist to help get the word out about FreshBooks. In this role, you’ll work with the PR team to understand FreshBooks’ communications objectives, craft standout pitches, create and manage custom media lists, engage with journalists and reporters, help prep internal spokespeople for interviews, and help the team keep the “train running on time.”
You will bring:
- You are driven, persistent, and love a challenge
- You have a knack for writing persuasive pitches and telling compelling stories
- Reads a lot and knows what’s happening in the zeitgeist
- Can easily get and stay organized when there’s a lot on the go
- Enjoys learning new things and exploring new and better ways of getting things done
- Is excited by the idea of working with a high-energy, ambitious team exploring new approaches to PR
- Bonus: experience working with media database tools like Cision and Meltwater, sales prospecting software programs like Salesforce and/or email marketing software like Mailchimp
- Mega Bonus: experience with sending cold emails and/or making cold calls
Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum of 1-2 year of relevant experience
- Post-secondary education
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple responsibilities
No Public Relations education or agency experience? Heck, that’s alright—we welcome folks with the right chops from unconventional backgrounds for the role (sales and business development, customer service, event planning and management, you name it).
For this role, we’d love to see your creativity right out of the gate! Don’t be shy, pitch us on why you’re the perfect candidate for a role like this. We welcome unique applications that stand out and get our attention.
Why Join Us?
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.