FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Product Data Analyst
FreshBooks is seeking a Product Data Analyst who will enable our Product team to measure the impact of what we ship, and derive actionable insights so that we can deliver even better product in the future. If you’re passionate about using data to help deliver world-class products for our customers -- this job is for you.
What you’ll do:
- Work hand-in-hand with Product Managers (PMs) throughout the Product Lifecycle – from inception, to design, shipping, and beyond.
- You understand what drives the business, and how different customer behaviour affects the business
- Work with PMs to formulate the right questions so the data we collect is meaningful & actionable
- Be ruthless about prioritizing the most important questions so we don’t get stuck in analysis paralysis
- Design experiments (e.g. A/B tests), instrumentation & data plans
- Consult with Data Engineers to ensure raw data will be captured in the right format for analysis
- Define & build complex SQL queries from multiple data sources for new products & features
- Build analytics dashboards across our existing products & features to help answer questions and gain insights
- Analyze data into useable information and actionable insights for PMs
- Make recommendations based on the insights you uncover – things like new features, product enhancements, UX changes, etc.
- Work with Product Managers to communicate the impact of what we ship & what we’ve learned to stakeholders around the company
What you have:
- A passion for great products and user-experiences
- An analytical and inquisitive mind – you leave no stone unturned because you’re curious what’s underneath
- A knack for communicating complex concepts in simple terms. You could explain SQL to a golden retriever, no sweat
- You are scrappy and always figure out a way to get the job done
- Hard Skills & Experience
- 1+ years of experience in software/tech industry
- 3+ years in data analytics and/or business intelligence (working with Product teams is a plus)
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, and data modeling and/or data engineering experience. You’re comfortable building ETLs from external and internal data sources, scraping and transforming data from different sources
- Experience calculating and tracking product metrics (e.g. M/DAU, usage breadth/depth, engagement funnels, etc.)
- Experience developing dashboards and using Google Analytics is a strong asset
- Experience calculating and tracking key SaaS financial metrics a plus (e.g. Conversion, Churn, ARPU, etc.)
- Knowledge of R or Python is an asset
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.