FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity: Product Manager, API
FreshBooks is looking for a top-tier Product Manager to lead our API & Platform team. In collaboration with your dedicated team of Developers, you’ll deliver the solid foundation upon which high-quality customer experiences are built. If you’re passionate about the opportunities that an API strategy can provide, and ready to back it up with results for our business — read on!
What you’ll do:
- Articulate and evolve FreshBooks’ API vision and mission.
- Spend time with Customers, 3rd party Developers and Integration Partners to develop a deep appreciation for these constituents, and be able to document, analyze, and synthesize their needs into a compelling product vision.
- Stay on top of the latest developments on all things API and distill those insights into long-term investments.
- Collaborate with business groups in Marketing, Business Development, Customer Support and beyond (think C-suite) to ensure your team delivers for the company’s short- and long-term goals.
- Be the leader of our API, and voice of the Customer within your team, so everyone knows what they’re building and why.
- Ensure internal channel partners (Business Development, Sales) are well-trained and coached on how to drive business impact with API capabilities.
- Ensure your development team's always working on the most important things, knows what's next, and knows when they're done — this means planning sprints, and writing user stories.
- Understand the unit economics of our business, know which one you’re trying to impact, and how to know if you’re successful.
- Be responsible for your results and report out to business groups and executives on the adoption, engagement and other relevant metrics.
- Make thousands of unsexy decisions, and shoulder the dirty work — from copywriting to reviewing legal contracts — that helps your team charge forward without stall.
- Be the team's primary communicator, ensuring the rest of the org, executives, and other partners are made aware of all major decisions and their implications.
What you'll need:
- 4+ years of validated work experience in Product Management.
- You have demonstrated success at building out an API platform as a Product.
- 4+ years of experience in engineering/architecture of web applications.
- You can break down complex problems in a structured way, you are highly analytical and ensure solutions optimize the highest opportunity areas.
- Fluent in accessing, analyzing, and distilling insight from data.
- You’re a “big picture” thinker who understands what it takes to create a platform that enables others to build extraordinary experiences.
- You understand the importance of the Developer experience to maximize impact, distribution and success for those building on top of your product.
- You are an experienced communicator, engaging your audience with your superb writing skills and compelling presentations. You adapt your message for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You have a track record of strong relationship building skills within your organization.
- You aren’t a project manager, but you’re not afraid to act like one — be willing to roll up your sleeves to help your team get things done
What we can promise you:
- A dedicated and talented team of Developers that employ Agile methodologies to deliver super-awesome-game-changing experiences.
- The opportunity to deliver Products that instantly get used by millions of users around the world. We follow user-centered design in everything we do.
- An opportunity to contribute to an award-winning Product Development team where data and research matter more than opinions.
- A great work experience in one of the most unrivaled work cultures out there.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.