FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an extraordinary online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
FreshBooks is seeking a data engineer to join our team. You will help build new features and update existing ones in our current data pipeline infrastructure. If you’re committed to great work and are constantly looking for ways to improve the systems you’re responsible for, we’d love to chat with you!
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with data engineers, data analysts, data scientists, and product teams working on features for our stakeholders
- Participate and share your ideas in technical design and architecture discussions
- Ship your code with our continuous integration process
- Develop your craft and build your expertise in data engineering
What you bring:
- Enthusiasm for data engineering!
- Experience creating and/or maintaining data pipelines, either batch job or real time implementations
- Experience with at least one main programming language. At FreshBooks you will be writing Python code
- Experience with MySQL or other relational databases
- Experience working with large codebases and writing testable code
- Experience using github, reviewing code, receiving and providing feedback
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- The ability to balance a desire to ship code quickly to our internal customers with the responsibility of making good technical decisions
What you might bring (bonus):
- A passion for keeping up to date in current technologies and future trends
- Experience with AWS, or another major cloud provider such as Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with BI tools: Periscope, Looker
- Experience with Redshift, Big Query, or similar cloud storage technologies
- Experience with Spark, Kafka, Flink, Gearpump, Dataflow, or other streaming technologies
- A limitless imagination for where data could go and what we can do with it to make our customers and our people awesome!
Why Join Us?
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. In this role you will be working at the forefront of marketing analytics surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for building an amazing software company right here in downtown Toronto. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, we’d like to meet you.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com