FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a world class online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Email/CRM Specialist
The Email/CRM Specialist at FreshBooks will work within the base marketing team and will support the email and digital direct channel deployment (including, but not limited to, email, notifications, and in app messaging) and customer relationship management (CRM).
What you'll do:
- Execute on campaign-level Omni-channel plans( E-mail, InApp, etc) in support of base marketing team goals and objectives, helping to highlight any automation or process improvements
- Perform day-to-day email/direct channel program management including regular importing of subscriber/customer data and the set-up, testing and deployment of campaigns
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to HTML templates, list segmentation and other aspects of execution.
- Actively participate in ongoing review discussions to provide input into opportunities for optimization
- Act as the CASL champion for FreshBooks, ensuring processes are CASL compliant, opt-in forms reflect approved legal language, all data requirements are met, and that the ongoing unsubscribe file is processed in-line with internal standards and documented processes
- Act as key advocate for CRM and advanced email targeting opportunities – bringing forward new automation abilities and highlighting any required data integrations
- Work with data teams to form different audience segments using existing data points, and ensure that data plans are closely aligned with internal long-term objectives
- Implement key automation tools provided by email and direct channel vendors and identify how to best drive advanced consumer experiences using personalization and triggered-based message approaches
- Understand key business and be able to provide recommendations on how to better achieve these results through CRM strategies
- Measure results and optimize campaigns through a/b testing in order to improve open rate, deliverability, click rate, opt-out rate, conversion rate, as well as specific business goals around individual campaigns
- Develop documentation and roadmaps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email
What you have:
- An excellent understanding of email marketing concepts and metrics such as sender score, deliverability, and sender reputation
- Proficiency in email marketing and marketing automation technology –Specifically Salesforce marketing cloud
- Genuine passion for continuous learning and professional
- Experience building responsive HTML templates
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data through A/B testing and email optimization
- University or College Degree in Marketing, E-commerce or Online Media ·
- 5+ years digital marketing experience, specifically within data, email/CRM or personalization (Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a requirement) ·
- Working knowledge of HTML & CSS. Excellent oral and written communication skills · Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and work in an ambiguous environment · Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple stake holders and cross functionally
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.