FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Strategy Analyst
The Strategy Analyst role will work with leaders across FreshBooks to identify and evaluate long-range investment opportunities that align with our mission and growth objectives. Through market research, competitive intelligence, and business case development, you will influence the direction of the business as you help leaders make better-informed investment decisions.
This position includes:
- Gathering and analyzing information, such as completing regular market and competitive analyses to uncover trends or a deep-dive into customer engagement data
- Formulating and testing hypotheses, such as opportunities to expand our target market, acquire new customers, or solve unmet customer needs
- Developing and communicating recommendations, such building robust business cases and models to help evolve early stage ideas into future growth initiatives
- Bringing key insights to the team and influencing business decisions across the company, as part of ad-hoc operational reviews, analyses, and support
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if:
- You have a post secondary education in business or economics along with a professional designation
- You have 2+ years of experience as an analyst in consulting, finance, or technology industries
- You are an Excel master with experience modelling large volumes of data including pivot tables and complex formulas
- You have experience working with SQL
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills
- You are a fast learner
- You know at least 3 amazing jokes
- Bonus! You understand the SaaS business model and terms like ARPU, MRR, and LTV
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.