FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a world class online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Full Stack Developer
This is a unique opportunity to be part of our Product Development team and support our marketing growth team from an Engineering perspective, working with Lifecycle Marketers and Data Analysts to drive growth at FreshBooks. You’ll learn hands-on about how customers are using FreshBooks, collecting and helping to analyze the data we use to improve our product and acquire even more happy users. Along with a strong technical background, you have a passion for data, marketing, and exploratory research.
What you bring
- More than 3 years of experience as a Full Stack Developer, using languages such as Python, Ruby on Rails, or PHP
- Experience with MySQL or other relational databases to write SQL queries
- Experience writing and working with REST APIs
- Some experience or understanding of online marketing and online customer acquisition including Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Google Tag Manager or interest in working with APIs, specifically Google (Analytics, Big Query, Search, Adwords), Facebook Ads, Bing (Ads, Search), and SalesForce Marketing Cloud
- Experience with automated unit, integration and regression testing
- Experience using Github, reviewing PRs, providing and receiving feedback
- Appreciation and understanding of Big Data problems around volume, variety and velocity of data from a technical standpoint
- Ability to analyze data meaningfully to make informed business intelligence recommendations for the company
- Experience working in Scrum/Agile teams
- Self motivation and curiosity about business results
You may also have
- Docker, Kubernetes, and experience with Cloud Platforms like AWS or Google Cloud
- RabbitMQ and Celery experience
- Continuous integration and automated build pipeline experience
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
We value our people...
We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect work lifestyle balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a dev lunch and learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include a stake in the company. Interested? Let’s get started!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.