FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a world class online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Customer Experience Marketing Manager
We are looking for an experienced data-driven marketing manager to lead our initiatives to upsell and cross sell new offerings to our existing customers. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of lifecycle marketing and be able to excel with data-driven analytical challenges as well as apply creative thinking to develop programs that will delight our customers.
This role is ideal for someone who views experiences holistically through a customer-centric lens, is data-driven and digitally savvy, loves balancing multiple stakeholders and can switch quickly from strategic thinking to the tactical details to drive exceptional business results. Success in this role will require a metrics-based approach and ability to navigate ambiguous requirements at times. The successful candidate will exhibit a passion for innovation and for customers, with an expertise in customer relationship marketing.
Specifically, this position includes:
- Develop and enhance upsell and cross-sell marketing programs across multiple channels and touch-points
- Drive execution and continued optimization of our upsell and cross sell marketing programs, including lifecycle trigger programs, transactional messaging and personalized campaigns on email, mobile and print
- Use data-driven analysis and consumer insights to develop hypotheses and execute robust A/B testing plans to continuously improve performance
- Manage research efforts designed to inform ongoing marketing strategy
- Develop ongoing portfolio and customer segmentation strategies
- Define strategies to drive customer adoption and revenue growth to support the introduction of new add-on products and services
Does this sound like you?
- You’re all about the customer - you have an undying passion to communicate with, learn about and serve FreshBooks customers around the world. You know what an extraordinary customer experience looks like, and do everything in your power to consistently deliver awesome
- Data is your guiding light – You can dig into complex data sets and have no problems synthesizing quantitative and qualitative data to help answer “why?” – you then share your insights with the broader team so everyone learns
- You’re a strategic doer – you set insanely ambitious goals for yourself, and then build a rock-solid strategy and tactical plan to help you get there
- Communication comes naturally – You’re an expert communicator and the biggest advocate for the features you launch. You’ll make sure the entire company hears about the latest news twice…and you’ll do it in a unique, memorable way.
- You love working with teams –– Instead of “this is how it is”, you ask “what do you think of this approach?”. You’re open to opinions outside of your own and have no problem asking others “how can I help?” to help clear roadblocks
- You’re ambitious and innovative - you don’t accept the status quo simply because “it’s what we’ve always done” - you push for better, newer, more innovative and efficient ways to do things
What you'll need:
- At least three years of marketing experience
- A track-record of successfully partnering with cross-functional teams to meet goals
- Proven project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.