FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a world class online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Director of Finance, FP&A
In this role, you will provide strategic financial planning and insightful performance analysis. You will identify, define and benchmark key performance indicators to drive a culture of accountability and drive business insight. You will also build strong relationships with the senior leadership team to ensure alignment and operational excellence against our near and long term objectives.
What You'll Do:
- Managing (for a key segment of the business) the forecast, budget, strategic plan, profitability analysis and financial systems integration
- Owning and evolving the corporate financial model for the company for purposes of evaluating business sensitivities, funding requirements and potential fundraising.
- Participating in the evaluation of proposed acquisitions, business opportunities, identify risks and challenges and prepare recommendations to the senior executive team in line with the Company value proposition and objectives
- Building strong relationships with the senior leadership team to ensure alignment and operational excellence against near and long term objectives
- Developing and disseminate key corporate KPI’s
- Developing Board and Investor presentations
- Leading debt negotiations and lead relationship with operational banking partners
- Leading discussions on automation / scaling of various FP&A tasks and functions
- Manage a team of five
What You'll Need:
- Experience in investment banking
- Strong skills in communicating, presenting and writing, and the ability to work well cross-functionally
- Post-secondary education in business, economics or other related field along with your CFA or MBA
- A minimum of five years progressive reporting and analysis experience
- Experience developing annual budgets, forecasts and complex multi-year financial models aligned with strategic and operating plans
- Executive level communication experience including reporting, presentations etc
- Familiarity with SaaS
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.