FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a world class online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Copywriter, Direct Response (6 month contract)
You’re an expert at creating direct copy that sells. Focused less on brand campaigns, your primary goal is to help drive results. Working closely with the Senior Copywriter, Visual Design Team and Retention Team, you’ll take on projects from ideation to completion, striving to ensure that the work you produce is on brand, engaging and drives business results. You thrive in a collaborative environment and have a passion for crafting impactful prose. While you are confident enough to stand by your work, you are also open to feedback and can iterate on your ideas to produce an outstanding finished product.
What You'll Do:
- Understand everything FreshBooks and persuasively communicate our offerings to a primarily top-of-funnel audience
- Produce straightforward but persuasive copy for various media including website, email, in app messaging and campaign copy, written in the FreshBooks voice that supports our brand identity
- Participate in campaign ideation, serving internal stakeholder needs while upholding copy quality
- Work cross-functionally with all pillars of the marketing department with a primary focus on acquisition
- Stay current to provide an insightful perspective on Direct Response trends, innovations and competitive landscape to assist in creating marketing campaigns to ensure your copy is relevant at all times
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years of experience developing compelling copy, CTAs and Direct Response Campaigns; 1+ years in an Advertising or Marketing agency preferred
- A proven track record of working on cross-functional teams
- Solid working knowledge of marketing and advertising principles with focused experience in writing for direct response (e-mail)
- A strong ability to comprehend and communicate business and accounting concepts simply
- Experience writing for a business to consumer audience with business to business experience considered an asset
- Proven experience of extreme detail orientation – no grammar or spelling mistakes ever make it past you
- Ability to manage timelines and work in a fast paced environment
- A love of story-telling and the drive to constantly improve your craft
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.