FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a world class online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - IT Specialist (Contract)
In this role you will maintain, improve and support the office IT environment at FreshBooks. You will Execute Extraordinary Experiences Everyday to make FreshBooks a great place to work and enable FreshBookers to do the things they're best at. You will have the opportunity to connect with FreshBookers and build creative solutions to completely meet their needs, not just their requests.
What You'll Do:
- Triages and resolves incoming IT request tickets and walk-ups
- Orders, configures and deploys computers, software, peripherals and phones for new employees, periodic hardware refreshes, and specific requests
- Convey technical concepts to users in a friendly, empathetic, professional and helpful manner across the entire organization
- Executes and improves IT processes around events eg. departures, family leave, community events, new system adoption
- Configures, maintains and troubleshoots the office phone system
- Operates, maintains and improves the IT infrastructure, eg. networking, server updates, provisioning systems
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with office technology, SaaS applications and more
- Repairs computers and other technology assets eg. projectors, teleconferencing cameras/speakerphones, etc.
- Recommends solutions to technical and business problems involving office technology systems
- Assist in capital projects to reimagine office IT environment
- Prepares and operates audiovisual equipment for company events
- Assists with logistics and network cabling for large desk moves
What You'll Need:
- 2-5 years of experience as an IT Specialist
- Track record for providing top-notch client service; you thrive on being helpful and love helping your customers solve challenges
- Exceptional time management skills
- A strong sense of ownership
- Attention to detail
- Experience working in a team with minimal supervision
- Ability to learn fast and execute tasks in new software/OS environments with minimal training
- A passion for documenting workflows and tasks in a wiki system
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.