FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a world class online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Product Manager, API
FreshBooks is looking for a seasoned Product Manager to lead our API & Platform team. In collaboration with your dedicated team of Developers, you’ll deliver the solid foundation upon which high-quality customer experiences are built. If you’re passionate about the opportunities that an API strategy can provide, and ready to back it up with results for our business — read on!
What you’ll do:
- Articulate and evolve FreshBooks’ API vision and mission.
- Spend time with Customers, 3rd party Developers and Integration Partners to develop a deep empathy for these constituents, and be able to document, analyze, and synthesize their needs into a compelling product vision.
- Stay on top of the latest developments on all things API and distill those learnings into long-term investments.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in Marketing, Business Development, Customer Support and beyond (think C-suite) to ensure your team delivers for the company’s short- and long-term goals.
- Be the leader of our API, and voice of the Customer within your team, so everyone knows what they’re building and why.
- Ensure the team's always working on the most important things, knows what's next, and knows when they're done — this means planning sprints, and writing user stories.
- Understand the unit economics of our business, know which one you’re trying to impact, and how to know if you’re successful.
- Own your results and report out to stakeholders and executives on the adoption, engagement and other relevant metrics.
- Make thousands of unsexy decisions, and shoulder the dirty work — from copywriting to reviewing legal contracts — that helps your team charge forward without stall.
- Be the team's primary communicator and presenter, ensuring the rest of the org, executives, and other stakeholders are made aware of all major decisions and their implications.
What you'll need:
- 4+ years of proven work experience in Product Management.
- You’re a “big picture” thinker who understands what it takes to create a platform that enables others to build exceptional experiences.
- You have demonstrated success at building out an API platform as a Product.
- You understand the importance of the Developer experience to maximize impact, distribution and success for those building on top of your product.
- You are an expert communicator, engaging your audience with your superb writing skills and compelling presentations. You adapt your message for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You have a track record of strong relationship building skills within your organization.
- You can break down complex problems in a structured way, you are highly analytical and ensure solutions optimize the highest opportunity areas
- You aren’t a project manager, but you’re not afraid to act like one — be willing to roll up your sleeves to help your team get things done
What we can promise you:
- A dedicated and talented team of Developers that employ Agile methodologies to deliver super-awesome-game-changing experiences.
- The opportunity to deliver Product that instantly get used by millions of users around the world. We follow user-centered design in everything we do, and you’ll be spending your first month on our Support team, just talking to Customers.
- An opportunity to contribute to an award-winning Product Development team where data and research matter more than opinions.
- A great work experience. Top tier benefits, plenty of fun and quirk, family friendliness and co-workers who take pride in their work without the ego, all in one of the most unique work cultures out there.
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.