FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a world class online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Sales Development Representative
As a member of the FreshBooks Sales team, the Sales Development Representative is responsible for the creation and management of a prospect database as well as setting qualified new business appointments for our Large Account Sales team. Key accountabilities include setting a specific number of qualified meetings per month as well as supporting Sales in their achievement of monthly revenue targets.
What you’ll do:
- Achieve monthly targets each by:
- Working closely with Large Accounts Managers to execute sales strategies in their territories
- Building a database of target accounts in conjunction with Large Account Managers
- Building a qualified pipeline of opportunities through cold calls, marketing qualified leads, targeting warm account prospects and converting inbound leads
- Make a minimum of 35 calls per day
- Assist with marketing activities for conferences, webinars and similar events
- Apply a thorough understanding of business practices, industry trends, and the competitive landscape to overcome objections
- Incorporate knowledge of FreshBooks products and services, the customer, key competitors and utilize that knowledge in an effort to uncover customer needs and generate demand
- Work effectively as an individual contributor while also facilitating sales opportunities by providing the support needed to advance sales processes
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information in Salesforce
What you’ll need:
- Experience as a Sales Development Representative or direct work experience in a similar sales role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills (writing, verbal, listening and presentation)
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills
- Knowledge of the SaaS model is a benefit
Why Join Us?
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. In this role you will be working at the forefront of marketing analytics surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for building an amazing software company right here in downtown Toronto. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, we’d like to meet you.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.