FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a world class online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - 6 month contract - Marketing Manager, Website and Communications Planning
In this contract role you will manage our website as a key channel in the acquisition funnel, focussing on creating optimal user experiences that drive visit-to-trial conversion. In addition, you will support our Channel Managers in their efforts to plan and manage successful web campaigns that meet our business objectives.
In this role you will have key responsibilities including:
Website Channel Management & Strategy
- Working with our Associate Director and VP Acquisition, establish and evangelize a website strategy for freshbooks.com – ensuring consistent progress toward strategic conversion and SEO goals to drive business results
- Conduct effective website research to profile visitors, marrying this with a deep understanding of business strategy to identify web opportunities; create personas that can be understood and actioned by others
- Keep up-to-date on digital technology developments, website guidelines and standards, accessibility, data privacy and other legal requirement; Stay current on all the tools, principles, and practices in user-centered web marketing
- Work closely with the Web Development Team Lead to prioritize and cost web projects, providing a clear internal brief for team/external agency implementation and ensure web projects are delivered on time
- Manage the web property as a business, working closely with Analytics, partner to track business performance of the KPIs using GA, Looker and other web tools; Grow and monitor the health and stability of the website; Measure the impact of campaigns; Track trends
- Work with the Web Development Team Lead to understand optimize FreshBook’s marketing tech stack and drive its evolution to meet business goals, evangelize its importance
- Contribute to SEO efforts working closely with the SEO Manager and Agencies to ensure the website & web projects are optimized for organic search, including on-page optimization, site architecture, page speed, mobile, landing pages, tools and microsites
- Nurture strong, collaborative relationships with stakeholders across the company to ensure the website is supporting their business needs
- Plan & prioritize creative/web projects that rely on development and design work
- Support Channel Marketing Managers to plan and manage successful web campaigns – from briefing through to development, delivery, measurement and post mortem
- Work closely with teams to develop rock-solid internal briefing documents that capture stakeholder requirements and translate them into actionable insights
- Participate in the creative development of web campaigns – helping teams to ensure solutions stay on brief
- Monitor schedules and advising project teams of delays, changes or feedback
- Manage external vendors and agencies with Web Development Team Lead to ensure deliverables are being met on time and on budget
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.