FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a world class online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Product Designer (UX)
Want to work on a product that improves the lives of other designers? Join us as a Product Designer, defining experiences our customers will use to run their small businesses better.
You'll work with world-class team members on teams that ship real software to customers every week. You will learn, embrace, and extend the user experience design principles and patterns that make our product a joy to use. As a member of one of our product teams, you’ll apply design thinking methodologies to deliver outstanding experiences. You'll also have dedicated time for high level explorations, experimentation and collaboration with other designers, developers, and peers across FreshBooks.
Our Product Designers own every phase of the design process, from initial research through to prototyping, testing, and the design of a shippable product.
What You'll Do:
- Seek to deeply understand the problems you're solving for our customers, and explore multiple high-level approaches to solving them
- Clearly communicate design decisions and rationales to peers and stakeholders
- Design prototypes and perform usability testing on design work completed by your team
- Apply user-centred design approaches to iterate on designs
- Critique your peers' experiences to help them improve their craft
- Help shape our design standards and patterns
What You'll Need:
- At least 3 years of experience as a UX or Product Designer
- Experience working on a world-class product or online service, on both mobile and web platforms
- A true focus on the customer—you make your design decisions based on research, including interviews, usability testing and quantitative data
- A passion for the “why” of design, as well as the “what”
- An egoless attitude toward design, a passion to learn and grow every day, and an interest in sharing your learnings with your peers
Are you interested in shaping the world for small business owners? Please apply with your resume, and provide us with a link to your online portfolio so we can see how you frame user problems, design solutions, and test those solutions with users.
Don’t have all of the above qualifications but feel this is the career opportunity for you? We encourage you to apply! We believe that talent can come from any background, and would not want you to miss out on a great opportunity.
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.