FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a world class online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Senior Manager, Conversion Marketing
We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager for our conversion marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of direct marketing strategy, excels at data-driven analytical challenges and has an interest in SaaS or experience with trial to paid customer conversion.
It's essential that the successful candidate knows how to use customer insights derived from market research and data analytics to understand trial customer behavior in order to design communications that engage customer with the right context, at the right time via the appropriate communications channels to motivate purchase decisions.
This role is ideal for someone who views experiences holistically through a customer-centric lens, is data-driven and digitally savvy, loves balancing multiple stakeholders and can switch quickly from strategic thinking to the tactical details to drive exceptional business results. Success in this role will require a metrics-based approach and ability to navigate ambiguous requirements at times. The successful candidate will exhibit a passion for innovation and for customers, with an expertise in customer acquisition marketing.
Specifically, this position includes:
- Designing trial customer lifecycle marketing programs across multiple channels and touch-points to maximize product usage, customer engagement, trial conversion rates and overall revenue from new customer acquisition
- Using market research, data-driven analysis and consumer insights to develop hypotheses, design A/B testing plans to continuously improve results
- Developing customer segmentation strategies to deliver targeted of offers and messaging that will increase response rates and revenue
- Setting and tracking KPIs to continuously analyze and optimize campaign effectiveness
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if you:
- Have prior experience in SaaS/financial/.com/ecommerce/recurring revenue subscription services
- You are an analytical & data-driven decision-maker
- Significant experience of delivering data driven, multi-channel marketing communications to increase revenue and lifetime value
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience is an asset
- E-mail, e-commerce, lifecycle marketing and customer journey mapping expertise is a must
- Experience in a customer acquisition strategy for subscription based products is desired
- Proven experience of applying a direct marketing strategy to drive revenue
- Can collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders and have the proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Have a Post-Secondary Education with a marketing focus
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.