FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a world class online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Product Manager
FreshBooks is looking for a Product Manager to join our team and lead a strategic initiative to deliver extraordinary experiences across our entire product. If you're passionate about taking on big challenges head on, delivering value for our customers, and ready to back it up with results for our business — this job is for you.
What you have:
- You're a passionate leader and excellent communicator, with a keen eye for great UX
- The ability to think “big picture” and develop a compelling vision for your product or feature
- You’re not a project manager, but you’re not afraid to act like one — be willing to roll up your sleeves to help your team get things done
- Experience managing complex projects and working with various partners
- A history of working closely with customers to understand their problems and craft solutions that make sense for the customer and the business.
- Experience in software development and web technologies — you don’t write the code, but you can ask questions and understand how the tech stack impacts your product
- 2+ years proven work experience in product management (founder or growth-stage company experience a plus)
- Experience working with Consumer facing products
- A data driven ambition that drives you to build, measure, learn, repeat.
What you’ll do:
- Spend time with customers to develop a deep empathy for the challenges of small businesses, and be able to document, analyze, and synthesize their needs into a compelling product vision
- Work hand in hand with your designer to explore, critique, and test designs with real customers to translate customer insights into simple, effective UX
- Be the leader of our product, and voice of the customer within your scrum team, so everyone knows what they’re building and why
- Ensure the team's always working on the most important things, knows what's next, and knows when they're done — this means planning sprints, and writing user stories
- Make the thousands of unsexy decisions, and shoulder the dirty work — from copywriting to reviewing legal contracts — that helps your team charge forward without stall
- Collaborate with stakeholders in marketing, support, and beyond (think C-Suite) to develop and deliver on our customer life cycle
- Understand the unit economics of our business, know which one you’re trying to impact, and how to know if you’re successful
- Own your results and report out to stakeholders and execs on the adoption, engagement uptake of products launched in-market
- Be the team's primary communicator and presenter, ensuring the rest of the org, executives, and other stakeholders are made aware of all major decisions and their implications
What we can promise you:
- A dedicated and talented Scrum team (Scrum Master, Developers, and Designers) that employs agile methodologies to deliver super-awesome-game-changing experiences
- An incredible growth opportunity; you’ll learn a lot about what it takes to ship great software -- and you’ll learn it from the best people out there
- The opportunity to deliver product features that instantly get used by millions of users around the world. We follow user-centered design in everything we do, and you’ll be spending your first month on our support team, just talking to them
- An opportunity to contribute to an award-winning Product Development team where data and research matter more than opinions
- A great work experience. Top tier benefits, plenty of fun and quirk, family friendliness and co-workers who take pride in their work without the ego, all in one of the most unique work cultures out there
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.