FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a world class online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Financial Reporting Manager
The Financial Reporting Manager will be a key member of the Finance team, reporting to the Assistant Controller. You will help lead the group responsible for the financial health of FreshBooks by coordinating the general accounting functions as well as providing leadership on reporting, planning and budget management in order to ensure operational alignment and excellence with FreshBooks’ near and long-term business objectives.
What You’ll Do
- Manage the month-end close process and prepare monthly financial reporting packages for the Executive team and Board of Directors
- Assist in the annual preparation and consolidation of the company's budget and report to management on budget variances
- Analyze financial information and prepare balance sheet, income statement, and other reports to summarize, interpret and make recommendations on current and projected company financial position
- Liaise with external auditors in the interim and year-end financial audits
- Review and implement internal controls to ensure compliance with company policies and accounting standards, as well as make continuous improvements to financial processes
- Mentor and coach a team of two to complete all day-to-day accounting functions
What You’ll Need
- A professional accounting designation (CA/CPA/CMA/CGA) is required
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience post-designation progressive accounting and reporting experience. Audit firm background is preferred but not mandatory
- Prior experience as a people manager/lead or mentor
- Exceptional time management skills allowing for the ability to produce deliverables in short timeframes
- A strong sense of ownership, curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit and business acumen
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced abilities with Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with ASPE and US GAAP
- Knowledge of Netsuite and mySQL are assets
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.