FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a world class online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Senior Data Analyst (Digital Acquisition)
The Senior Data Analyst will enable FreshBooks to derive insight from campaign and customer interaction data to generate growth via an increase in cost effective, high quality trials. You love to solve a problem and have a knack for translating data into insight and presenting that information to stakeholders. You will be collaborating with management and a team that includes other Analysts, Data Scientists, Marketers, Financial Analysts, and Developers all working together to drive growth at FreshBooks.
What you’ll do:
- Provide insights into channel / multi-channel attribution to guide acquisition investments
- Consult directly with internal clients to gather requirements, scope & execute:
- Dashboards for core performance metrics / KPI’s
- Complex, long-term analyses on visitor trends and performance impacts
- Complete regular ad-hoc analyses by translating raw data into useable information and insights:
- A/B testing for campaign treatments
- Changes in usage behaviors (organically and due to marketing)
- Profiling and trending of customer segments
- Cohort based investigations tied to performance gains and losses
- Designing, writing and implementing new reports, datasets and business intelligence tools to productionize ‘valued’ ad-hoc analyses
- Co-ordinate projects with Data Science team from inception to execution in market
- Communicate both results and recommended analyses / approach to senior leaders
- Assist with forecasting, finance and strategic planning
What you'll need:
- Proven experience within SEO, attribution modelling and related analyses
- Advanced knowledge of SQL & Python or similar
- At least three years in data analytics and/or business intelligence
- Experience with a wide variety of marketing platforms and the related tech stack
- Ability to build, maintain and improve upon ETL’s and other means of data transfer and clean-up
- Data Modeling and / or engineering experience an asset
- Quantitative background with strong analytical skillset
- Experience using a dashboarding tool such as Periscope, Tableau, Looker etc.
- Experience in calculating and tracking LTV, CPA, ROI, churn, acquisition & related metrics
- Experience with Google Analytics (or a similar web analytics tool)
- Experience working within a matrix Org structure
Why Join Us?
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. In this role you will be working at the forefront of marketing analytics surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for building an amazing software company right here in downtown Toronto. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, we’d like to meet you.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.