FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a world class online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Manager, Talent Acquisition
The FreshBooks Recruitment team is growing again! In this player-coach role the Manager of Talent Acquisition will manage a team of Talent Acquisition Specialists, a wide range of project initiatives and an exciting full-cycle recruitment desk. If you are a process-driven, analytical and entrepreneurial corporate recruitment leader who is passionate about their career, has top-notch communication skills and loves building; read on!
What You’ll Do
- Lead, coach and mentor the Talent Acquisition team
- Partner with, advise and coach Managers and others across the organization on recruitment best practices, employer brand initiatives, interview strategies, talent selection, candidate experience and more
- Plan, develop and implement targeted recruitment strategies that are aligned to the business
- Manage end-to-end technical and non-technical recruitment initiatives including hiring manager intake sessions, job postings, candidate sourcing, resume screening, phone interviews, scheduling, feedback solicitation, candidate communication, offer negotiation, onboarding and more
- Foster a multi-channel approach towards candidate sourcing (i.e. creative & social sourcing, online and offline events, meetups, job fairs, direct sourcing)
- Own and deliver a recruitment events strategy and agenda
- Build candidate pipeline (evergreen) programs aligned with future growth, especially in areas like Software Development, Sales and Product
- Own and manage the organizations co-op program and build a strong relationship with universities and colleges
- Build influential relationships and credibility with candidates, colleagues, hiring managers and executive team
- Continually improve ATS systems & efficiencies
- Own and promote the FreshBooks employee referral program
- Produce detailed recruitment reports and work closely with the HRBP team to ensure headcount and hiring goals are aligned
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years of experience leading a corporate recruitment team, 5+ years preferred
- 3+ years of experience working for a software, hardware, technology services or similar product/high-tech focussed company
- Strong experiences sourcing top talent in areas like Software Development, Data Science, Product Management, Product Design and Sales
- University degree in Commerce, Industrial Relations, Information Technology or equivalent
- Results oriented and courageous
- Passionate about a career in Recruitment, interested in feedback & career development
- A strong sense of ownership, curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit and business acumen
- Strong experiences managing the end-to-end recruitment process for a high volume of reqs
- Creative sourcing/social sourcing skills & an ability to create a candidate pipeline from scratch using online and offline resources
- Experience managing a co-op program
- Experience building out employer brand programs, talent ambassador programs and similar
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional email and calendar management skills
- Strong attention to detail, flexible, helpful, professional
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.