FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a world class online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – VP Product Management
FreshBooks seeks a Vice President of Product Management. In this key leadership role, you will lead our Product Management team to new heights! In addition to leading a team, the VP Product Management will define, develop and launch new products & experiences, helping small business owners run and grow their businesses.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the FreshBooks Executive Team to define a 3-year product investment portfolio.
- Internalize and evangelize the FreshBooks mission to reshape the world to suit the needs of self-employed professional and their teams.
- Lead, coach and mentor a team of 10+ ambitious Product Managers; help them hone their craft, stay focussed, and maximize their impact.
- Build scalable and resilient Product Management best practices.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing and Product Design to create a best in class Research discipline, to gain insights around customer and non-customer needs.
- Build empathy for our customers and synthesize their needs into compelling product visions and well-defined roadmaps.
- Work hand-in-hand with Product Design to ensure the organization is consistently delivering extraordinary user experiences for our customers.
- Partner with Engineering to push the pace on product delivery, resulting in delivering more value to customers, faster.
- Understand and articulate the impact of everything we ship.
- Foster a culture that embraces failure as an opportunity to learn and level-up together.
- Collaborate with go-to-market partners across Marketing, Sales and Support in an effort to help the Product Management team amplify the impact of everything they ship.
- Bring current and future external best practices into the FreshBooks Product team by spending time with other leaders across the North American SaaS marketplace.
What You'll Need:
- A strong track record and 7+ years of experience leading Product Management teams to deliver products that customers love.
- Experience working in a consumer product organization is beneficial.
- Experience working in a SaaS (or similar subscription model) organization a strong asset.
- Experience working the Payments, Mobile and/or Consumer Subscription verticals are desired.
- Mission driven leadership style & experience being a member of a Senior Leadership Team is required.
- Experience with Agile, Design Thinking, and Lean Methodologies (e.g. Lean UX, Lean Canvas).
- A passion for research, great products and a keen eye for simple, elegant user-experiences (you have at least 10 favorite products).
- Strong ability to communicate complex concepts in simple terms.
- Experience leading cross functional go-to-market & Analytics teams.
- A visionary mindset. You’re always thinking about what’s next, not just what’s here today.
- A bias to urgency. You believe in moving with speed and purpose.
- You’re not a Software Developer, but you have enough technical know-how to talk to Developers about decisions that impact product.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, health benefits from day one and extra days off (office is closed between Christmas and New Years)
- RRSP matching program and generous parental leave policy
- Weekly catered lunches, beer, and snacks
- Team and company offsites, hackoffs, paid community volunteer days and religious observance days
- Professional development opportunities and flexible work schedules
- Office gym with showers and complimentary towel service
- Secure, indoor bike parking with well-stocked repair bay
- Ping Pong, Foosball, Massage Chairs, Nintendo Stations and more.
- Dog friendly office
- TTC and GO Accessible
Sure, there are perks, but the real reason people are proud to work at FreshBooks is because each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. If you want to accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about and have just as much of a life outside the office as inside—you're exactly what we're looking for.
We value our people...
We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect work lifestyle balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a dev lunch and learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include a stake in the company. Interested? Let’s get started!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 email@example.com.