FreshBooks seeks a System Administrator for a 6 month contract opportunity. In this hands-on role you will apply your skills and experiences to build out, repair and virtualize (where necessary) our Windows, Linux and Network infrastructure. You will be responsible for the provisioning, installation and configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software, and related infrastructure. You will ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures align with the organization’s strategies. Our team will rely on your strong documentation skills and your ability to mentor & train others.
FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a world class online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
What You’ll Need:
- Strong experiences as a Linux and Windows Systems Administrator
- VMware vCenter experience
- Experience building servers from scratch / racking / cabling
- Experience migrating JIRA and Confluence to the cloud
- Strong experiences evaluating and de-risking server hardware
- Experience with hardware selection, configuration, deployment, and monitoring
- Experience evaluating system and network performance, both physical and virtual
- In-depth knowledge of web servers, load balancing, firewall, security and TCP/IP networking
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Knowledge in the design, operation, and optimization of Data Centres, Internet Access, Firewalls and VPNs, DDoS, DPI, and core routing/transport networks
- Experience working with Cisco products (network/firewall/switches), CCDP or CCNP a plus
- Experienced managing moves, adds and changes to switches, routers, access points, firewalls and network devices
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to planning: breaking down stories & estimating
- Provide feedback to improve processes
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to on-site servers and storage
- Improve and create maintenance patterns
- De-risk and upgrade physical and virtualized servers
- Mentor IT Specialists on new/upgraded systems and processes
- Create robust documentation and testing patterns
Sure, there are perks, but the real reason people are proud to work at FreshBooks is because each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. If you want to accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about and have just as much of a life outside the office as inside—you're exactly what we're looking for.
We value our people...
We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect work lifestyle balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a dev lunch and learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include a stake in the company. Interested? Let’s get started!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.