The Opportunity: SEO Manager
We are seeking an experienced SEO Manager with a track record of achieving business results through organic growth. The ideal candidate will be a team player who collaborates effectively with a cross-functional group of Acquisition Managers, Writers, Designers and Analysts. The ability to relay complex and often ambiguous information to non-subject matter experts is key. Success in this role will require excellent communication and presentation skills.
In this position, you will:
- Design, test, launch and report on new SEO projects
- Remain current with SEO best practices and advise our teams accordingly
- Provide meaningful insights and trends that will guide the Product and Content teams on features to consider and content to build
- Carry out technical audits and identify opportunities for improvement
- Share insights and results with the Executive and Marketing teams
- Work with our Analytics team to build and maintain a comprehensive SEO KPI dashboard
What you'll need:
- 4 years of demonstrated experience with managing, optimizing and analyzing SEO
- Familiarity with leading third-party SEO tools and emerging trends in the SEO world (including algorithm updates and latest strategies)
- Experience managing website migrations
- Experience working with WordPress and other content management systems
- SEO copywriting experience
- Experience working with SEO elements such as htaccess, robots.txt, metadata and site speed optimization
- Experience researching search volume and trends to guide content calendars and product roadmaps
Not required, but great to have:
- Experience with Periscope and Looker
- UX Design experience
- A degree in an analytical field, or equivalent
- Ability to work in SQL
- Experience implementing semantic markup and AMP
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, health benefits from day 1 and extra days off (office is closed between Christmas and New Years)
- RRSP matching program and generous parental leave policy
- Weekly catered lunches, beer, and snacks
- Team and company offsites, hackoffs, and paid community volunteer days and religious observance days
- Professional development opportunities and flexible work schedules
- Office gym with showers and complimentary towel service
- Secure, indoor bike parking with well-stocked repair bay
- Ping Pong, Foosball, Massage Chairs, Nintendo Stations and more.
- Dog friendly office
- TTC Accessible
Sure, there are perks, but the real reason people are proud to work at FreshBooks is because each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. If you want to accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about and have just as much of a life outside the office as inside—you're exactly what we're looking for.
We value our people...
We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect work lifestyle balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a dev lunch and learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include stake in the company. Interested? Let’s get started!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.