FreeWill is an award-winning, social-good startup that has raised more than $4 billion for high impact nonprofits since we were founded in 2017. We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Forbes, Oprah’s magazine, and our co-CEOs have even been named to Town & Country’s “Top 50 Philanthropists” list.
All of this is because we’ve figured out how to make some powerful (but complicated!) ways to donate much easier and more accessible. Our products make things easier for the donors who want to change the world and for nonprofits doing heroic work around the planet.
In the last 5 years, we’ve grown from 5 people to 100+ (all smart, tenacious, and kind), and continue to grow quickly. We’d love to have you be a part of this adventure.
About the role
FreeWill is hiring a Recruiter to bring on top talent in order to drive forward its mission of raising $1 trillion for nonprofits. The company is growing quickly and this role is essential to building our team.
The Recruiter is an enthusiastic relationship builder who has an eye for identifying strong talent for a variety of roles. This position will serve as a resource and partner for both hiring managers and candidates to effectively identify matches for FreeWill’s current and future openings. This role is perfect for a recruiter with a solid foundation looking to gain more experience in recruitment, continue to develop their skillset, and grow within an organization. The Recruiter will join the small but mighty People team and report to the Recruitment Lead.
- Managing the full cycle hiring process from sourcing to offer for multiple requisitions simultaneously
- Cultivating and developing relationships with candidates throughout the hiring process by engaging in timely, helpful, and clear communication to ensure a positive candidate experience
- Maintaining accurate and up to date candidate records, documentation, and communication using our applicant tracking system, Greenhouse
- Bringing a strong equity lens to our hiring decisions at every stage in the process to ensure diverse candidate pools and great hires; including monitoring diversity of the pools, training interviewers around preventing bias, and coaching hiring teams and hiring managers to ensure strong decision-making
- Collaborating with hiring managers and interviewers and consistently providing feedback, status updates, and recommendations
- Reviewing and utilizing data to determine effective recruitment strategies
- 1+ years of prior experience and success in recruitment or similar experience within a startup, nonprofit, or fast-paced technology/software organization
- Project management skills -- this role will manage multiple hiring processes simultaneously without letting anything fall through the cracks
- Strong communication skills -- both internally with hiring teams as well as externally with candidates. The ability to keep all parties informed about the hiring process is key.
- Proven track record filling hard-to-fill roles and/or conducting high volume recruitment
- Experience using best practices around diversity and inclusion in recruitment and hiring
- Strong sourcing skills using various mediums including LinkedIn Recruiter, social media, and networking preferred
- Experience using an applicant tracking system (Greenhouse preferred)
In addition to the immense personal and professional satisfaction you’ll gain from helping to raise $1T for high impact nonprofits in a kind and joyful work environment, full time employees at FreeWill are eligible for the following benefits:
- Work from home
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible hours
- Competitive salary
- Commuter benefits
- Company stock options
- Medical/Dental/Vision (some single coverage medical plans are 100% employer paid, subsidized rates for spousal, parent-child, and family coverage)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Free One Medical membership
- Paid parental leave for all parents
- Option to work from our new, beautiful NYC office, located in the Financial District
- Fully paid trips, such as an annual work retreat in a relaxing location
- Staff holidays and FreeDays (periodic one day office closures to rest and refresh)
- Regular (virtual) team events
- $250 monthly co-working budget which can be used for local co-working spaces (for team members located outside of the NYC metro only).
- $300 annual budget to outfit your home office or cover utility bills
- $1,000 referral bonuses for growing our FreeWill community
- $1,000 annual professional development budget
FreeWill is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are a remote-first company that’s able to hire in 47 states and D.C. Unfortunately, we are unable to hire in Colorado, Alabama, or Louisiana at this time. We also can’t sponsor working visas, so all applicants will need to have work authorization in the US.