FreeWill is an award-winning, social-good startup that has raised more than $4 billion for high impact nonprofits since we were founded in 2017. We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Forbes, Oprah’s magazine, and our co-CEOs have even been named to Town & Country’s “Top 50 Philanthropists” list.
All of this is because we’ve figured out how to make some powerful (but complicated!) ways to donate much easier and more accessible. Our products make things easier for the donors who want to change the world and for nonprofits doing heroic work around the planet.
In the last 5 years, we’ve grown from 5 people to 100+ (all smart, tenacious, and kind), and continue to grow quickly. We’d love to have you be a part of this adventure.
About the role
FreeWill is seeking an Innovation Manager to play an integral role in accelerating our work supporting nonprofits (large and small) across the country This role will focus on identifying pain points and running experiments to enhance product adoption for our nonprofit partners. This is a full-time position, based remotely or in our NYC office, reporting to our Innovation Lead.
- Produce outstanding fundraising results for nonprofits
- Ideate and lead experiments internally and externally to improve partner results with major gift product strategy
- Understand partner pain points to inform strategy for specific sectors, donor phases and product timelines
- Identify challenges preventing nonprofits from achieving success with our tools
- Iterate efficiently and with as little bandwidth needed from other team members and partners as possible
- Foster a collaborative and growth-oriented working environment internally
- Participate in external and internal meetings to identify key pain points and experiment opportunities
- Co-lead task forces to run experiments and test new ways of driving value from our products
- Draft internal and external product strategy playbooks to support partner results
- Work closely with partner management team and content-writing team on recommendations to partners and creating and refining internal systems
- Work closely with Product Managers to provide experiment results and inform product rollout strategies
- Brainstorm, design, and synthesize data and experiment ideas with partner management Strategist team and content-writing team
- Analyze experiment data, partner metrics and results closely to inform future iterations and strategies
- Quickly iterate on experiments and initiatives including email A/B tests, internal processes, trainings for partners, and more to continually improve results for partners
- Stay on top of latest nonprofit fundraising, marketing, and communication and customer success techniques and trends
- Act with FreeWill’s values of focus, joy, kindness, and courage
Required Skills and Experience
As a venture-backed startup, things move very quickly at FreeWill. As such, we expect the responsibilities for this role to frequently shift, and aim to hire an individual who is comfortable moving quickly in a fast-paced environment. Additional requirements:
- Experience working in the nonprofit fundraising space, on a SaaS customer success team, or in project management is a plus
- Superior project management skills and a self starter attitude
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and fine-tuned attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity that drives a willingness to learn and take on projects outside area of primary expertise
- Comfort moving quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Smarts, tenacity, and kindness
In addition to the immense personal and professional satisfaction you’ll gain from helping to raise $1T for high impact nonprofits in a kind and joyful work environment, full time employees at FreeWill are eligible for the following benefits:
- Work from home
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible hours
- Competitive salary
- Commuter benefits
- Company stock options
- Medical/Dental/Vision (some single coverage medical plans are 100% employer paid, subsidized rates for spousal, parent-child, and family coverage)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Free One Medical membership
- Paid parental leave for all parents
- Option to work from our new, beautiful NYC office, located in the Financial District
- Fully paid trips, such as an annual work retreat in a relaxing location
- Staff holidays and FreeDays (periodic one day office closures to rest and refresh)
- Regular (virtual) team events
- $250 monthly co-working budget which can be used for local co-working spaces (for team members located outside of the NYC metro only).
- $300 annual budget to outfit your home office or cover utility bills
- $1,000 referral bonuses for growing our FreeWill community
- $1,000 annual professional development budget
FreeWill is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are a remote-first company that’s able to hire in 47 states and D.C. Unfortunately, we are unable to hire in Colorado, Alabama, or Louisiana at this time. We also can’t sponsor working visas, so all applicants will need to have work authorization in the US.
Excited about our mission? Success in serving nonprofit partners requires our dedication to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. We can’t wait to learn with and from you.