FreeWill is an award-winning, social-good startup that has raised more than $4 billion for high impact nonprofits since we were founded in 2017. We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Forbes, Oprah’s magazine, and our co-CEOs have even been named to Town & Country’s “Top 50 Philanthropists” list.
All of this is because we’ve figured out how to make some powerful (but complicated!) ways to donate much easier and more accessible. Our products make things easier for the donors who want to change the world and for nonprofits doing heroic work around the planet.
In the last 5 years, we’ve grown from 5 people to 100+ (all smart, tenacious, and kind), and continue to grow quickly. We’d love to have you be a part of this adventure.
Full-time • Excellent Benefits • Work from Anywhere in the US (except CO, AL, or LA)
About the role
Our sales team is 35 people, and growing quickly. We are looking for an experienced sales manager to directly line manage a team of Account Executives. We’re looking for someone with strong business acumen and experience with SaaS sales organizations, preferably with some experience selling to nonprofits.
Many of our AEs bring deep nonprofit experience and fundraising knowledge to the team, and need support in pipeline management and account strategy . We are looking for someone who can manage and develop the team members. This role works closely with the VP of Partnerships and the Senior Director of Sales, making data driven decisions around challenges and opportunities the team faces. Additionally this role will work closely with each direct report to ensure quota attainment and the successful completion of team goals.
This is an incredible opportunity to help shape a quickly growing sales organization at a high-impact, mission-driven startup.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Sales.
- Develop and manage 6-8 people for team of account executives to hit sales goals
- Leverage the sales tech stack (Salesforce, Sales Navigator, Gong), to have a holistic view of the team and individual performance; surface who is thriving and who is struggling, develop plans to support staff and address challenges, and identify opportunities for individual coaching and training.
- Manage the overall pipeline for your team, making sure that processes, checkpoints and systems are set up and that the team is using these effectively
- Work closely with the revenue operations team to understand the overall pipeline, gain insights into sales opportunities, and work with team leaders to adjust plans for the team
- Serve as a thought partner to the Senior Director of Sales on strategic decisions, thinking critically and surfacing opportunities and roadblocks
Required Skills and Experience
- People management: 2+ years of experience as a sales manager
- Great sales experience: 5+ years of experience and proven success in SaaS sales at a company with multiple products; experience selling to nonprofits a plus
- Ability to take a strategic decision and run with it, figuring out how to develop and implement a plan with a large team
- Ability to understand data and make data-driven decisions about management
- Smart, tenacious, and kind, with a growth mindset
In addition to the immense personal and professional satisfaction you’ll gain from helping to raise $1T for high impact nonprofits in a kind and joyful work environment, full time employees at FreeWill are eligible for the following benefits:
- Work from home
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible hours
- Competitive salary
- Commuter benefits
- Company stock options
- Medical/Dental/Vision (some single coverage medical plans are 100% employer paid, subsidized rates for spousal, parent-child, and family coverage)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Free One Medical membership
- Paid parental leave for all parents
- Option to work from our new, beautiful NYC office, located in the Financial District
- Fully paid trips, such as an annual work retreat in a relaxing location
- Staff holidays and FreeDays (periodic one day office closures to rest and refresh)
- Regular (virtual) team events
- $250 monthly co-working budget which can be used for local co-working spaces (for team members located outside of the NYC metro only).
- $300 annual budget to outfit your home office or cover utility bills
- $1,000 referral bonuses for growing our FreeWill community
- $1,000 annual professional development budget
FreeWill is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are a remote-first company that’s able to hire in 47 states and D.C. Unfortunately, we are unable to hire in Colorado, Alabama, or Louisiana at this time. We also can’t sponsor working visas, so all applicants will need to have work authorization in the US.
Excited about our mission? Success in serving nonprofit partners requires our dedication to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. We can’t wait to learn with and from you.