FreeWill is an award-winning, social-good startup that has raised more than $4 billion for high impact nonprofits since we were founded in 2017. We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Forbes, Oprah’s magazine, and our co-CEOs have even been named to Town & Country’s “Top 50 Philanthropists” list.
All of this is because we’ve figured out how to make some powerful (but complicated!) ways to donate much easier and more accessible. Our products make things easier for the donors who want to change the world and for nonprofits doing heroic work around the planet.
In the last 5 years, we’ve grown from 5 people to 100+ (all smart, tenacious, and kind), and continue to grow quickly. We’d love to have you be a part of this adventure.
Full-time • Excellent Benefits • Work from Anywhere in the US (except CO, AL, or LA)
About the role
We are looking for a Digital Content & Marketing Specialist to play an integral role in growing our brand presence among nonprofits across the country. This role will work closely with our growth and partnerships teams to develop and write sales, thought leadership, and lead nurturing content for nonprofit prospects.
This role reports to our Growth Lead, Simone Kovacs, and can be remote or based out of New York City.
- Write and create outstanding content to increase site traffic and drive leads for our partnerships team
- Position FreeWill as a thought leader on nonprofit fundraising for planned and major giving
- Nurture prospects to reduce the sales cycle and grow interest in FreeWill’s products
- Work closely with the growth and partnerships teams to understand the nonprofit landscape and strategize content development
- Write and publish digital blog and thought leadership content
- Produce sales-enablement content, such as downloadable resources, case studies, and reports
- Develop nonprofit trainings and webinars
- Stay on top of fundraising and planned giving best practices and techniques
- Develop and write email campaigns
- 4+ years experience in digital content creation and lead generation
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent storytelling abilities
- Strong understanding of SEO practices, Google Analytics, and keyword research
- Knowledge of nonprofit fundraising space is a plus
- Experience with email marketing, nurture, and automation is a plus
- Intellectual curiosity that drives a willingness to learn and take on new challenges
- Comfortable moving quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Project management and problem-solving mentality
- Technical understanding of HTML/CSS is a plus
In addition to the immense personal and professional satisfaction you’ll gain from helping to raise $1T for high impact nonprofits in a kind and joyful work environment, full time employees at FreeWill are eligible for the following benefits:
- Work from home
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible hours
- Competitive salary
- Commuter benefits
- Company stock options
- Medical/Dental/Vision (some single coverage medical plans are 100% employer paid, subsidized rates for spousal, parent-child, and family coverage)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Free One Medical membership
- Paid parental leave for all parents
- Option to work from our new, beautiful NYC office, located in the Financial District
- Fully paid trips, such as an annual work retreat in a relaxing location
- Staff holidays and FreeDays (periodic one day office closures to rest and refresh)
- Regular (virtual) team events
- $250 monthly co-working budget which can be used for local co-working spaces (for team members located outside of the NYC metro only).
- $300 annual budget to outfit your home office or cover utility bills
- $1,000 referral bonuses for growing our FreeWill community
- $1,000 annual professional development budget
FreeWill is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are a remote-first company that’s able to hire in 47 states and D.C. Unfortunately, we are unable to hire in Colorado, Alabama, or Louisiana at this time. We also can’t sponsor working visas, so all applicants will need to have work authorization in the US.
Excited about our mission? Success in serving nonprofit partners requires our dedication to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. We can’t wait to learn with and from you.