FreeWill is an award-winning, social-good startup that has raised more than $2.5 billion for high impact nonprofits since we were founded in 2017. We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Forbes, Oprah’s magazine, and have even been named to Town & Country’s “Top 50 Philanthropists” list.
All of this is because we’ve figured out how to make some powerful (but complicated!) ways to donate much easier and more accessible. Our products make things easier for the donors who want to change the world and for nonprofits doing heroic work around the planet.
In the last 4 years, we’ve grown from 5 people to 95+ (all smart, tenacious, and kind), and continue to grow quickly. We’d love to have you be a part of this adventure.
About the Role
We are looking for an ambitious senior product manager to help raise the next $1 billion for charity. This role will require taking on a high level of responsibility across a wide variety of projects. The senior product manager will focus on setting the course for the coming years, defining clear business objectives and clearly articulating annual product roadmaps. This role has a strong strategy and business focus and will identify growth opportunities and lead key initiatives -- these may relate to existing products, such as planned giving and major giving, or may focus on new products or markets. We are looking for someone who is customer-centric in their approach to building products and thrives in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity. We are looking for someone who has strong coaching and development skills and is excited to grow new teams.
This role reports to our Head of Product and can be remote or based out of New York City. Unfortunately, we can’t sponsor H1Bs at this time. Beyond competitive compensation and equity in a fast-growing startup, you’ll get unlimited vacation, benefits, and the chance to learn and change the world alongside a world-class team.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Gain deep knowledge of nonprofit fundraising — what currently is working, what is not, and what tech can do to help fix it
- Maintain a B2B2C mindset to ensure satisfying both customer as well as end user needs
- Own success on overall business goals by developing a compelling product vision and executing on it
- Discover new opportunities worth pursuing by combining data analysis with qualitative research
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, including the founders, to define business objectives and create product roadmaps
- Interact closely with a diverse team across engineering, design, sales, account management, and legal
- 5+ years of experience in a product management role
- Experience setting and driving toward business objectives
- Track record of success from product ideation to successful product execution
- Experience working with products that serve nonprofit clients a plus
- Strong problem solving skills. Makes data-driven decisions, and is open-minded towards different perspectives
- Strong communication, emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills – up, down, across, and externally
- Excellent at data analysis
- Enjoys collaboration, listening, and learning
- Comfort moving quickly in a fast-paced environment and making decisions with imperfect information
- Impact and results-focused
Other Important Traits
- You’re an organizational wizard
- You’re intensely curious, with scrappiness and grit
- You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and wear multiple hats
- You recognize how decisions today will impact the business and the product in the future and at scale
In addition to helping raise $1T for high impact nonprofits and a kind and joyful work environment, full time employees at FreeWill are eligible for the following benefits:
- Work from home
- $120 monthly stipend to outfit your home office or cover utility bills
- Unlimited PTO
- Staff holidays and FreeDays (periodic one day office closures to rest and refresh)
- Company stock options
- Medical/Dental/Vision (some single coverage medical plans are 100% employer paid, subsidized rates for spousal, parent-child, and family coverage)
- Free One Medical membership
- Paid parental leave
- Book policy: We’ll cover any reasonably priced books that will make you better at your job (i.e how to excel in sales) or improve the FreeWill community (i.e. books on anti-racism).
FreeWill is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are a remote-first company that’s able to hire in 47 states and D.C. Unfortunately, we are unable to hire in Colorado, Alabama, or Louisiana at this time. We also can’t sponsor working visas, so all applicants will need to have work authorization in the US.
Excited about our mission? Success in serving nonprofit partners requires our dedication to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. We can’t wait to learn with and from you.