Software Engineering Director
At Freetrade, we believe investing should be accessible to everyone. It’s one of the best ways to grow your savings but, for many, it seems complicated, expensive, and out of reach.
We’re here to change that.
We're a technology company that brings simple investing to everyone. We’ve built a beautiful app to buy and sell shares and ETFs in a fluid, mobile-first experience.
We’re building a team with diverse and unique perspectives in order to help us on our mission to demystify investing, making it more accessible.
Our goal is to help our customers achieve better, long-term financial outcomes.
In 2022, we’re rolling out our app across the EU, transforming our product with new features and functionalities, and introducing new products. In the UK, we now have over 1.3m registered users, offering a range of products like the Freetrade Pension, a stocks and shares ISA, and our premium account, Freetrade Plus. Our media brand, Freetrade Honey, offers daily insights alongside deep dives into the companies and trends that the new generation of investors care about most.
This has all been possible because of the backing of a passionate group of over 10,000 crowdfunding investors. As we’ve scaled, we’ve also raised money from world-class growth investors including Left Lane Capital, Molten Ventures, and L Catterton to supercharge our growth.
We are looking for a delivery-focused Software Engineering Director to join our team. You will be driving Trading Services, critical in achieving our continued expansion ambitions. You’ll drive the team, owning execution of securities lending, corporate actions, crypto, brokerage tools, payments & international expansion.
You will be responsible for cross-functional work with Product counterparts and the leadership suite, to plan and execute strategic goals for your vertical, based on good data, as well as customer and technical insights.
We are building a generational company and Trading Services is the core of this. It builds core aspects of our trading engine, which drive our growth in revenue and customers.
- Own and execute an ambitious strategic roadmap for Trading Services.
- Own the design and development of complex, game-changing platforms and features.
- Grow your team by hiring engineers which raise the bar for your organisation.
- Help them raise the bar for our team by contributing to best practices, automation, documentation, and hiring.
- Provide ongoing feedback on your team members technical & leadership performance.
- Support the teams to achieve operational excellence and make measurable improvements to our support processes.
- A huge part of your success is defined by scale of platform(s) or product(s) delivered.
- You’re accustomed to working in a high-performing tech environment.
- You’re a manager of managers.
- You’re driving strategic changes and large scale projects.
- You have prior experience in a relevant position, scaling both teams and platforms (platforms as preference)
- Ownership of multiple geographies
The application process consists of a 3 stage process. Following a phone interview with one of our internal Talent Specialists, you'll have interviews centred around your Technical Leadership abilities, as well as System Design and Architectural knowledge. The third and final interview will be with our two Co-Founders, to assess your alignment to our company Values and general fit, with a short task also.
We offer a competitive salary plus stock options and lots of other benefits.
You’ll have a stake in the company you’re building, with stock options benchmarked to US companies.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability - we want to hear from you. We're very open about what we're working on, and the best places to learn more are our buzzing community forum and our blog.
Please note we are not accepting agency CVs.