At Freetrade, we believe investing should be accessible to everyone. It’s one of the best ways to grow your savings but, for many, it seems complicated, expensive, and out of reach.
We’re here to change that.
We're a technology company that brings simple investing to everyone. We’ve built a beautiful app to buy and sell shares and ETFs in a fluid, mobile-first experience.
We’re building a team with diverse and unique perspectives in order to help us on our mission to demystify investing, making it more accessible.
Our goal is to help our customers achieve better, long-term financial outcomes.
In 2022, we’re rolling out our app across the EU, transforming our product with new features and functionalities, and introducing new products. In the UK, we now have over 1.3m registered users, offering a range of products like the Freetrade Pension, a stocks and shares ISA, and our premium account, Freetrade Plus. Our media brand, Freetrade Honey, offers daily insights alongside deep dives into the companies and trends that the new generation of investors care about most.
This has all been possible because of the backing of a passionate group of over 10,000 crowdfunding investors. As we’ve scaled, we’ve also raised money from world-class growth investors including Left Lane Capital, Molten Ventures, and L Catterton to supercharge our growth.
We are looking for an exceptional Head of Compliance to join our team. You will be responsible for building and leading our Compliance function for Freetrade in Sweden and the rest of Europe.
- Shape, own and deliver Freetrade Sweden’s compliance framework, in collaboration with our global compliance function - including:
- Compliance Risk Assessment
- Compliance Monitoring Programme
- Policy and process framework / Compliance Handbook
- Lead regulatory applications for new licences or changes to our arrangements
- Develop and maintain a relationship of trust with the Finansinspektionen and other regulators, with proactive, transparent and timely engagement
- Own the development and governance of key risk and performance indicators for Compliance - including driving high performance, being data-led and reporting to the executive team, risk committee and board
- Scrutinise and test compliance programs including quality assurance, analyse findings and work with other teams to develop our risk based approach, provide constructive feedback and be responsible for resolutions
- Embed investor protection, customer fairness and broader regulatory understanding across the company, in particular the Swedish entity
- Advise the business with respect to Swedish and EU compliance on new products, services and passporting
- Monitor for and advise on upcoming new regulation and regulatory changes
- Work closely with Product, Engineering and other teams to enable delivery in key product and change initiatives, provide subject matter expertise both individually and through the Compliance team to guide the business
- You have deep knowledge of Swedish and EU financial services regulation and have experience liaising with the Swedish FSA. You should have a deep understanding of MiFID II. Experience of IFD/IFR and GDPR are desirable.
- You have technical experience in building and running compliance risk assessments and monitoring programmes
- You have experience working within a Sweden-regulated financial services firm, ideally a retail facing investment firm
We offer a competitive salary plus stock options and lots of other benefits.
You’ll have a stake in the company you’re building, with stock options benchmarked to US companies.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability - we want to hear from you. We're very open about what we're working on, and the best places to learn more are our buzzing community forum and our blog.
Please note we are not accepting agency CVs.