At Freetrade, we believe investing should be open to everyone. It's one of the best ways to grow your savings, but for a lot of people, investing seems complicated, expensive and out of reach. We want to change all that.
We're a technology company that brings stock investing to everyone. We’ve built a beautiful investing app to trade in real shares, with zero commissions and low, fixed fees in a fluid, mobile-first experience. We recently reached the milestone of one million users in the UK.
As the first challenger stockbroker to disrupt the £1.2 trillion UK retail investment market, we’re poised to expand into Europe in 2021. We’ve closed a Series B funding round led by New York-based growth fund, Left Lane Capital, alongside L Catterton, and Draper Esprit, bringing the total that we’ve raised to over £60m.
Freetrade has an active and passionate community of customers and investors, as a result of our record-breaking crowdfunding rounds.
The community is a core ingredient of what makes Freetrade special. In the community forum and other spaces, members discuss investing, share feedback about our products and get an insight into Freetrade as a company, e.g. through regular “Ask Me Anything” Q&As with Freetrade employees.
As Head of Community, you’ll lead the vision, strategy and execution for how we take the growth and engagement with the Freetrade community to the next level, in the UK and internationally. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that the community thrives, as measured by community growth, participation and advocacy.
You’ll join the leadership of a multi-disciplinary marketing team, reporting to the VP of Marketing.
This is a unique role at a unique moment in Freetrade’s journey and an opportunity to make a significant impact on Freetrade’s increasingly global community, brand and business.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a vision and strategy to grow and nurture the Freetrade community.
- Deeply understand and advocate for our community members.
- Execute a program of regular community engagement activity, virtual and physical.
- Implement a community management and moderation approach that scales in line with the growth of the community and Freetrade overall.
- Continuously gather feedback and insights from the community to inform our product development, marketing and community engagement activities, among others.
- Nurture an environment conducive to learning the healthy habits and practices of investing, either by using your existing knowledge or by developing your knowledge.
- You have a minimum of 10 years working in related roles, e.g. community and social management, customer advocacy.
- You have extensive experience defining the vision, setting the strategy and leading the execution for community building in a successful B2C company.
- You have hands-on experience building thriving communities, ideally internationally, e.g. through forums, podcasts, social channels and events.
- You’ve worked in a start-up/scale-up environment.
- You have extensive knowledge of community building practices: community strategy, management and moderation, community tools, processes and systems.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university.
- You’re passionate about the power of communities and community building, as well as Freetrade’s mission to “get everyone invest”.
It would be great to have:
- Specific knowledge about/experience in investing, e.g. investment operations qualifications.
- Advanced qualifications in community building and/or marketing.
- Content production expertise.
The application process consists of a short phone interview with the Talent Team, which will then be followed by a call with our VP of Marketing. If successful you will then do a take home task and present it back to a panel of our Marketing leadership team and then a final cultural interview with our Associate Director of People.
We offer a competitive salary plus stock options and lots of other benefits.
You’ll have a stake in the company you’re building, with stock options benchmarked to US companies.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability - we want to hear from you. We're very open about what we're working on, and the best places to learn more are our buzzing community forum and our blog.
Please note we are not accepting agency CVs.