At Freetrade, we believe investing should be open to everyone. It’s one of the best ways to grow your savings, but for a lot of people, investing seems complicated, expensive and remote. We want to change all that!
We're a technology company that brings simple, free stock investing to everyone. We’ve built a beautiful investing app to trade in real shares, with zero commissions or fees in a fluid, mobile-first experience.
As the first challenger stockbroker to disrupt the £1.2 trillion UK retail investment market, we’re poised to expand into Europe in 2020. Our recent Series A investment from leading tech-focused VC Draper Esprit takes our total funding to over $20m, following some record-breaking crowdfunding rounds on Crowdcube.
We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer who’s up for a challenge and wants to help scale a platform suitable for 20 + engineers and 50,000 customers, to a platform that’s right for 60 engineers and 200,000 customers.
What you’ll do in your first twelve months at Freetrade:
- Transform the engineering teams operational efficiency.
- Develop our metrics and monitoring, resulting in fewer outages and an improved response to customer-impacting incidents.
- Ensure we can ship more quickly and consistently by improving our build process, secrets management & configuration management.
- Deep dive into our existing infrastructure and ensure we’re leveraging the tools and insights already provided.
- Lead knowledge transfer sessions. Educating the wider team about new processes so they can self serve. Driving best practice through education and automation.
- Improve our on-call process; reduce team burden whilst improving issue response times.
- You want to pioneer the site reliability function within the Freetrade engineering team. Shaping what best practice looks like.
- You’ve transformed how engineering teams operate and have demonstrable experience in doing so.
- You write clean, performant, tested and maintainable code.
About our environment:
We use serverless technologies such as Firebase, Cloud Composer, and Stackdriver, to build a reliable and performant platform. We use the real-time database, cloud functions and other features like pub/sub to provide a frictionless investment platform.
You will work with a variety of client and platform technologies. You will own the quality of major deliverables end-to-end, working closely with multiple engineers and teams to execute them. Scaling, latency, and customer experience are top priorities as the business grows.
This is a high visibility team where you will make a direct positive impact on customer experience and the business. If you enjoy broadening your technical skills, building a new product, and working in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and innovation, then this is the job for you!
The application process consists of an introductory call with one of our Talent team. If progressing you’ll have a phone interview with our CTO, followed by a technical onsite interview in our office in London.
We offer a competitive salary plus stock options
and lots of other benefits.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability - we want to hear from you. We're very open about what we're working on, and the best places to learn more are our buzzing community forum and our blog.
Please note, we are not accepting agency CVs.