At Freetrade, we believe investing should be open to everyone. It's one of the best ways to grow your savings, but for a lot of people, investing seems complicated, expensive and remote. We want to change all that.
We're a tech startup that brings simple, free stock investing to everyone. We’ve built a beautiful investing app to buy real shares, with zero commissions or fees in a fluid, mobile-first experience. And behind the app, we’re building all the technology and infrastructure from the ground up.
As the first challenger stockbroker to disrupt the £1.2 trillion UK retail investment market, we’re poised to expand into Europe in 2020. Our recent Series A investment from leading tech-focused VC Draper Esprit takes our total funding to over $28m, following some record-breaking crowdfunding rounds on Crowdcube.
As our Head of International Growth, you’ll lead our international expansion, with France, Germany, Ireland and the Netherlands up first. You’ll build on the Freetrade playbook and develop the formula for expansion to new markets across Europe and beyond.
The role will report into our Founder & CEO and you will be a key member of our core senior management team.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, lead and execute our strategy for being the top digital stockbroker in Europe, focusing on rapid user growth in new markets.
- Quickly build a deep understanding of our business, by partnering closely with various internal stakeholders at the HQ, from Engineering to Marketing to Operations
- Build on your analytical skills and bring rigour to industry research, market analysis, etc. to improve decision making and execution speed.
- Hire and build a world-class country expansion team in locations across Europe.
- Set KPIs, growth targets, analyse performance and ensure strong execution against those goals.
- Be comfortable in different roles, sometimes “rolling up your sleeves”, sometimes leading, sometimes influencing other stakeholders.
We're looking for someone who knows how to scale a consumer tech or fintech business in Europe and is excited to accelerate Freetrade’s growth beyond the UK.
- You have in-depth experience rapidly scaling a consumer brand
- Ideally, you have lead international expansion at a consumer technology company
- Strategy experience at a top-tier consultancy is a big plus (e.g McKinsey, Bain)
- MBA and/or experience working in financial services is a plus.
- You are excited about what we’re doing at Freetrade and where we’re headed!
This is one of the highest impact roles at Freetrade. Your team will be the tip of the spear as we accomplish Freetrade’s mission to get everyone investing!
The application process consists of a short phone interview with the Talent Team. This is followed by a call with our CEO, a take-home task and then an on-site interview at our office in London.
We offer a competitive salary plus stock options and lots of other benefits.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability - we want to hear from you. We're very open about what we're working on, and the best places to learn more are our buzzing community forum and our blog.