At Freetrade, we believe investing should be open to everyone. It’s one of the best ways to grow your savings, but for a lot of people, investing seems complicated, expensive and remote. We want to change all that!
We're a technology company that brings simple, low-cost stock investing to everyone. We’ve built a beautiful investing app to trade in real shares, with zero commissions or fees in a fluid, mobile-first experience.
As the first challenger stockbroker to disrupt the £1.2 trillion UK retail investment market, we’re poised to expand into Europe in 2020. With a Series A funding round led by Draper Esprit and our recent crowdfunding round in which we raised £7m, our total funding exceeds £24m.
We're looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and motivated Customer Operations Manager who’ll help support the team to offer a first-class service to our customers. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to help shape how Freetrade will evolve as a customer-first platform, exemplifying our energetic culture while building a world-class customer operations function.
What you'll do in your first twelve months at Freetrade
In the first 6 months your role will be very hands-on, driving business critical operational work to build the business. This will include:
- Leading our autonomous and high performing Customer Ops team while continuing to hire excellent talent as we expand into Europe.
- Listening to our customers to analyse and respond to trends in their feedback.
- Being part of the team who supports customer queries and receives feedback via our in app chat.
- Becoming the main point of contact for complex queries or complaint escalations within the team.
- Understanding metrics to help prioritise our customers' feature requests for our Product Team.
- Working cross functionally with teams such as Engineering and Marketing to share customer feedback, developing internal and external practices to improve the customer experience.
- Motivating and empowering the team with daily stand ups and communications via Slack to make sure we maintain a capable and focused support team.
- Carrying out regular quality assurance reviews, measuring metrics such as CSAT, KPIs, SLAs and Net Promoter Score (NPS) to create a happy customer base and maintain high standards within the team.
- Coaching and mentoring your team via weekly 1:1’s, performance reviews and PDPs.
- You are excited about our product and the opportunity to help make investing accessible to everyone.
- You have experience working and communicating effectively with cross-functional teams and believe in the benefits of collaboration.
- You are resilient and have an appetite to learn and constantly evolve how you work.
- You are hands-on and a self-starter who wants to work hard and can succeed without constant supervision.
- You have a passion for high quality customer support, and you want to develop this mentality within your team to help them grow and develop.
- You have previous experience scaling up a customer support team within a high pressure, fast paced and ambitious environment.
- You are comfortable and confident to lead and empower a thriving team.
- You have a solid background working within the customer operations space of a tech-orientated business.
- You have proven experience leading a team within a similar customer support function.
- You are able and willing to provide cover and work shifts outside of normal business hours such as weekends and bank holidays.
The application process consists of a phone interview with a member of the Talent Team, a call with the Head of Operations and a final stage Zoom video interview and task presentation.
The salary range for this role is £45,000 to £50,000 pa, plus stock options and lots of other benefits.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability - we want to hear from you. We're very open about what we're working on, and the best places to learn more are our buzzing community forum and our blog.