At Freetrade, we believe investing should be open to everyone. It’s one of the best ways to grow your savings, but for a lot of people, investing seems complicated, expensive and remote. We want to change all that!
We're a technology company that brings simple, free stock investing to everyone. We’ve built a beautiful investing app to trade in real shares, with zero commissions or fees in a fluid, mobile-first experience. And behind the app, we’re building all the technology and infrastructure from the ground up.
As the first challenger stockbroker to disrupt the £1.2 trillion UK retail investment market, we’re poised to expand into Europe in 2020. With a Series A funding round led by Draper Esprit and our recent crowdfunding round in which we raised £7m, our total funding exceeds £24m.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to evolve our architecture and own design and development of core features.
Using GCP's serverless offerings like Firestore, Cloud Composer & Stackdriver, we're able to quickly build a reliable and performant platform. We use Swift and Kotlin to write performant and reliable native applications leading to a frictionless investment experience. We're language-agnostic, as we're focused on finding amazing software engineers who want to build something exciting with us.
What you'll do in your first twelve months at Freetrade:
- Own the design and development of non-trivial features
- Develop a deep understanding of multiple parts of our stack as well as the processes and technologies relevant to our tech space
- Help raise the bar for our team by contributing to best practices, automation, documentation, and hiring
- Write well-tested software that has few regressions
- Support operational excellence and make measurable improvements to our support processes
- We hire in a language-agnostic way and have people from C#, Java, Ruby and Go backgrounds so whatever your skill set we're happy to hear from you - check out our current stack here
- You’re team-oriented, keen to share your knowledge and open to giving (and receiving) continuous feedback
- You write clean, performant, tested and maintainable code
- You’re product-minded and understand the tradeoffs between quality and delivering fast
- You’re a strong communicator and thrive working cross-functionally with disciplines from operations to design and growth to finance
- You love to learn new skills and want to develop your existing ones to maximise your potential
- You care about impact, love a challenge, and take ownership of your work
The application process consists of an introductory call with one of the Talent team, followed by a technical interview carried out remotely. The final stage consists of both a coding project, system design session and a behavioural fit interview also carried out remotely over Zoom.
You can read about our engineering interview process here.
We offer a competitive base salary plus stock options and lots of other benefits.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability - we want to hear from you. We're very open about what we're working on, and the best places to learn more are our buzzing community forum and our blog.