Free Range Games is looking for a Senior Technical Game Designer, with experience working in Unreal Engine 4. You will help design our weapon mechanics, level layout, and cinematic authoring process in blueprint for a new AAA console/PC title. Then you will create amazing content demonstrating to the design team how its done. Please include links to your projects with an explanation of which parts you owned and/or worked on.
- Shipped a quality title in Unreal in the last 5 years
- Strong opinions about what goes in Blueprint and what in CPP
- Voodoo knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- 5+ years working on mid-sized to large teams
- Broad knowledge of current action games
- Ability to teach new concepts to others
- Ability to translate creative director-speak into actionable tech tasks
- Plus - experience leading design teams
Free Range Games was founded by the core members of Shaba Games after the successful acquisition by Activision, to create games that reflect our values and passions as gamers. We specialize in Development and Co-Development for PC, Console and Mobile. We partnered with Twitch in developing, launching and supporting karaoke game, Twitch Sings. We developed Spelldrifter, a unique twist on CCGs that fuses deckbuilding and card-based strategy with a fantasy dungeon crawler. We have partnered with many of the largest companies in the world to develop high quality, innovative games including: Tony Hawk’s Project 8, Spider-Man: Web of Shadows, and Shrek Super Slam. We have worked alongside Activision teams on various aspects of development on games like: Marvel Ultimate Alliance, DJ Hero and Skylanders.