Freerange Games is looking for a Senior Artist, to focus on 3D models. You are able to quickly understand custom toolsets and deliver assets within the confines of real-time engine constraints and gameplay requirements. You can work independently or in cooperation with layout designers and other artists. You demonstrate strong artistic interpretation skills. Unreal Engine experience is an important aspect of this position.
- Experience Level: 5+ years as a game environment artist with at least one year of Unreal experience
- Strong modeling and texturing skills and an excellent sense of spatial relations and structural logic
- Strong artistic interpretative ability within the context of a particular art style and gameplay
- Efficient organization and communication skills and ability to prioritize and execute ideas within a schedule
- Excellent technical and artistic problem solving
- Software: Maya, Photoshop, ZBrush or equivalent
Additional Skills (Pluses):
- Strong architecture or traditional art background
- Lighting or cinematography experience
- Any other game related art or design experience (FX, scripting, etc)
Free Range Games was founded by the core members of Shaba Games after the successful acquisition by Activision, to create games that reflect our values and passions as gamers. We specialize in Development and Co-Development for PC, Console and Mobile. We partnered with Twitch in developing, launching and supporting karaoke game, Twitch Sings. We developed Spelldrifter, a unique twist on CCGs that fuses deckbuilding and card-based strategy with a fantasy dungeon crawler. We have partnered with many of the largest companies in the world to develop high quality, innovative games including: Tony Hawk’s Project 8, Spider-Man: Web of Shadows, and Shrek Super Slam. We have worked alongside Activision teams on various aspects of development on games like: Marvel Ultimate Alliance, DJ Hero and Skylanders.