Free Range Games is looking for a Tech Lead with a focus on Gameplay, who will help jump start our transition to Unreal for AAA console games.
You should have deep experience or specialty in at least one area: graphics, AI, physics, animation, game rules, audio, UI, I/O, and tools, as well as a strong working knowledge of all client systems,You should have strong opinions about what goes in CPP and what goes in Blueprint. You should be able to communicate the “right” way to do things in Unreal Engine 4 to the team.
The Tech Lead will report into the CTO, who manages internal production for Free Range as well as coordinates technology partners and directing design. We are looking for a Tech Lead who has previous experience leading a team and who can take day-to-day dev team responsibilities off the plate of the CTO.
- Break design docs into technical requirements
- Cross-studio technical communication
- Five years experience developing games professionally with shipped AAA titles in the past five years.
- Expertise in the Unreal engine with C++ and Blueprints experience is required
- A keen analytical mind, with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong C++ skills and the ability to code and architect gameplay mechanics and tools
- Strong math skills
- Well versed in games with the ability to articulate what is strong or weak about the design of existing games
- Links to the titles you worked on with a description of which features you owned
- Broad knowledge and passion of current gen shooting games a plus
- Managed other programmers
- Understand Agile development
- Understand the capabilities of next gen consoles
Free Range Games was founded by the core members of Shaba Games after the successful acquisition by Activision, to create games that reflect our values and passions as gamers. We specialize in Development and Co-Development for PC, Console and Mobile. We partnered with Twitch in developing, launching and supporting karaoke game, Twitch Sings. We developed Spelldrifter, a unique twist on CCGs that fuses deckbuilding and card-based strategy with a fantasy dungeon crawler. We have partnered with many of the largest companies in the world to develop high quality, innovative games including: Tony Hawk’s Project 8, Spider-Man: Web of Shadows, and Shrek Super Slam. We have worked alongside Activision teams on various aspects of development on games like: Marvel Ultimate Alliance, DJ Hero and Skylanders.