Location: We are flexible! Come and join us either in Hamburg, Berlin or Barcelona or feel free to work 100% remotely in the EU*
At FREENOW we are at an exciting point in our history - we are building a world-class product that is being used daily by more than a million people. We are a part of one of the most dynamic spaces for innovation in today's world: shaping mobility. Our daily business is solving large-scale, complex problems – and we love it!
We are keen on hiring a Data Scientist (m/f/d) for designing and implementing the models that enable our business to make even smarter and more efficient pricing and allocation decisions. Being part of the Marketplace team, you will work closely with data analysts, machine learning engineers, and other data scientists while collaborating with business stakeholders and market specialists on a daily basis.
With us, you will stretch, learn and grow in a creative, diverse, and collaborative environment that spans more than 70 nationalities and 11 markets across Europe. Don’t join FREENOW because of our perks or great office locations, join us if you can’t wait to disrupt the mobility industry with us!
YOUR DAILY ADVENTURES WILL INCLUDE:
- Work closely with your peers and business end-users to identify, understand, structure, and solve complex problems in the fast-moving world of urban mobility, focusing on the marketplace side of our business.
- Collaborate with machine learning engineers to put your models into production.
- Strive at growing and sharing your knowledge with the team.
- Push the boundaries of what data science can do for FREENOW.
- Be an ambassador of FREENOW Data Science for both internal and external stakeholders, presenting your work at core company events, meetups, and conferences.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
- Your experience working as a data scientist enables you to lead effectively a project from business understanding to deciding on the best data science approach to solving the problem at hand
- You possess a sound understanding of statistical analysis and data-driven modelling
- You hold experience in designing and building machine learning and predictive algorithms and a strong understanding of feature engineering and model evaluation
- While we typically look for candidates with advanced University degrees in Maths, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or other quantitative disciplines, we're happy for you to prove us wrong and show that these degrees aren't necessary
- You hold specific expertise in either one or more machine learning domains such as Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Time Series Analysis, Information Retrieval, Reinforcement Learning, etc.
- You are proficient in Python.
- You are comfortable with querying databases using SQL or HQL.
- Writing clean code and making your work reproducible is important for you.
- Not only are you curious, eager to learn, and put collaboration ahead of competition, but making your teammates grow with you, by sharing your knowledge and mentoring, is also dear to your heart
- You can communicate in English. We are a very diverse team with people from all over the world and English is our language of communication, besides Python.
- You are passionate about harnessing data science and have the will to play an essential role in the future of urban transportation.
These skills are nice to have, but they are not a deal-breaker for us:
- Prior experience with dynamic pricing
- Working knowledge of Spark
- Prior experience working with notebooks and DataBricks stack
- Enthusiasm for geospatial data
- Proficiency in Scala and other programming languages
BENEFITS & PERKS IN A NUTSHELL:
Plus more local benefits depending on your work location!
*in one of the 10 countries where we have a legal entity: France, Spain, Germany, Austria, Portugal, Italy, England, Ireland, Poland & Greece
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION:
FREENOW is an equal opportunity employer and we consider qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age.
We want you to grow and evolve, bring your true self to work.